VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Before I strip out my sink tap from the van has anyone encountered the same issue as me, and if so is there a fix? (pic below)

I tried wrapping a bit of fix tape around the pipe in thinking that was the issue, but its actually coming from within the tap itself.

As usual, thanks for any advice on this you lovely bunch 🙏

1 - Turn tap on ✅
2- The pump kicks in and water is delivered to the sink✅
3- Water also starts to dribble out beneath the sink from the centre of the tap housing, pictured and circled below ❌

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,518 Posts
I had that with the same tap type although hot & cold a few weeks ago, I had it out & to bits at least 3 times, changed the O rings etc but couldn't stop it leaking but couldn't determine exactly where the leak was, decided it must be a crack so forked out 40 sovs for a new one. Mine is a pressurised system so it leaked all the time!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Roger..

Was hoping there I wouldn't have to splash out💦 but from what you say sounding likely.

💸

Hope you got it sorted in the end? Easy to change?

·
2,518 Posts
I have to take the fridge out to get to it, then it's not too bad!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Parky.
They can't be repaired. for far longer
I replaced mine with a 'Comet' one off fleabay. Half the price of the Dometic tap and better quality. Make sure it comes with an adaptor so it fits the hole!!
My original Dometic tap also suffered from erectile dysfunction! The Comet ones maintain an erection for far longer. Mrs rogd was most impressed!!

·
2,518 Posts
That is a Comet tap, or it is the same as a Comet tap, they are sold under various names other than Comet. You can buy new tails and a new cartridge but for what a cartridge costs it's not worth it. Mine is a Comet Florenz and to be honest they're c-ap but if you need a folding spout there's no choice.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Hello Parky.
RogerP is correct. the Comet Florenz is c*ap.
The one I have is the 'London Comet' which has the tap on the side.
I'm not sure what you mean by full length but it fits Dometic sinks with the correct adaptor.
I've had mine in for about 3 years with no problems.
Roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts