VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to ask this so put it here. I've a letter i appear before the forum address bar and when I click it I'm being told that my connection to the site is not secure and when I click on the hyperlink from here I'm just lost in computer stuff. I can see that the site puts like 23 cookies on and theres like 153 from elsewhere but I'm lost in a sea of jibberish.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,169 Posts
I'm not sure where to ask this so put it here. I've a letter i appear before the forum address bar and when I click it I'm being told that my connection to the site is not secure and when I click on the hyperlink from here I'm just lost in computer stuff. I can see that the site puts like 23 cookies on and theres like 153 from elsewhere but I'm lost in a sea of jibberish.
It may be genuine, but watch out for what are called "PUP"s (Potentiall Unwanted Programs) already installed on your computer. Some of those 'work' by flagging supposedly dodgy websites and prompting you to click on a link to fix the problem (and you can guess what comes next!)
I would go to a website called malawarebytes.com and run their free check program to see if anything on your computer that shouldn't be.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already got it. I'll run it again. Thought it was site specific but it's appearing on other sites too. I think the laptops upgraded whilst I've been away. Never noticed it before.

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,141 Posts
I guess you've just allowed Windows to update itself.
It's one of the new "features" they decided to show to confuse people.

Site is just as it was before, but MicroSoft haven't had time to check it out yet.
I get just the same from just about anywhere I go to from Google......including the McAfee security website!

http://no.mcafeestore.com/?cmpid=ppc-google&gclid=CPbk57fHq88CFWUlcgodCNkBVA

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,141 Posts
You'll actually find the connection on most sites is not secure.
Just try driving off in the morning before unplugging the mains lead LOL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts