VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just had a tow hitch fitted and the installer had to move the blue plug that the site electrics gets plugged into, when he was done said plug was left cable tied under the van somewhere, he is the question: can i take off the blue plug and terminate the end into a connection to match the one on the new tow hitch ??? to recap as that makes no sense ? is this what they call twin electrics ??? one socket for the trailer / caravan lights to plug into and the other for the site electrics when on site ? if so i wonder why this was not done during installation, i hope someone can make sense of this, cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have just had this explained to me by the installer, it has to be the larger blue plug to handle the voltage etc, thats all he had to say lol, the way it has been wired means i have no choice but to cable tie it up out of the way and scrawl about underneath to hook up to site supply, that is unless anyone has a better suggestion, cheers

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
buy a proper socket that can be bolted up

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
you can mount them in the spare wheel well with the spare wheel still in place and you can only see 5mm or so hanging down

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ISS, I'm going out to check out the spare wheel void, thanks. Simon and Sarah, sadly the cable is not long enough to reach the spot you mentioned, cheers though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ISS, my eldest is a sparky and he has just terminated the cable into a 16amp blue plug, this now sits snuggly up behind the bumper with no chance of it coming out unless moved in a way that can only be done deliberately, he was surprised to find that the installer had put it in using SWA cable, the cable sizing was fine but just that the SWA side of it was a bit overkill, all is good now, thanks for your advice and offer of help, cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts