VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there

ok I have just took delivery of my VW T5 LWB and here's the dilemma!

It is destined for a full camper conversion starting with a Reimo roof then gradually in stages however until the roof is fitted I have a few little jobs hence the wheel dilemma. I love the look of 18+ but the thinner walled tyres harden the ride and im trying to balance looks with ride so what options do I have?

Should I stick with 16's and the standard 205/65 keeping the ride the same?

Do I purchase a set of 18" sportlines and if so what is the max size wall I can get away with?

Or is there a decent in-between option say 17" using 55/60 walls?

bear in mind tyre prices too I dont want to pay £150 per tyre if I can get away with it!

any help appreciated and thanks in advance Colin

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you go with the sportline alloys they run with a 50 profile which would give you real smooth ride, there on panel vans which can carry well over a ton so you won't have any issues. I've tried them on a demostrator sportline and they fine. I have 18's running on a 45 profile and again there fine, I have a t32 and its used as a work van as well as pleasure and there definitely better than the original all weather **** that came with the van.

I got some 20's on order which will have to have a 35 profile on, now I'm not sure how the ride on these is goin to be but hopfully they will be ok. If they are I'll have my stilauto sr1200 blk diamonds up for sale.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts