VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right got a set of rears off my mates 57 plate astra van but ive fitted one side and it looks higher :(

2 questions are the astra springs normally longer than the t4 springs as pictured? also if i do the other side will this drop it but i thought with it being independant one side would be down anyway help im going to cry :D

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Why would you fit Astra van springs? :confused: If you want to slam it you need corsa or calibra or cavalier springs buddy. Car springs I: These van springs will be way to heavy duty, hence not going lower. They look massive! :eek:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol they was free so thought worth a shot ive been told that mk3 astra van springs are nearer the same size as t4 but being a weaker spring will lower it these are alot longer than any mk3 oh well you live and learn :*

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
what about 60mm bmw e30 springs too low ?
Yep they work. I ran e30 springs once before. Wont be too low, will just sit on the rear bump stops so unless you cut the stops down it wont go any lower. They arent the most solid of springs though and if your running standard shocks i wouldnt bother with any of these car springs tbh :ILU:

·
Registered
96 Posts
im running e30 springs... and im on standard shocks. Gives a pretty good drop, but the ride is bouncy to say the least! my van's empty so its ok, but if you have any weight you will find it hitting the bumpstops on every small bump!

Matt

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im running e30 springs... and im on standard shocks. Gives a pretty good drop, but the ride is bouncy to say the least! my van's empty so its ok, but if you have any weight you will find it hitting the bumpstops on every small bump!

Matt
any pics? you running standards or lowered springs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts