VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking to change my leisure battery. The problem is it is under the bonnet and against the bulk head and requires the main vehicle battery to be removed first to create enough space to then remove the LB. My question is, should I slave the main battery connections to another battery to keep the vehicle systems "live", then detach the leads from and remove the main vehicle battery? I don't think i have the head unit codes (Kenwood DNX525DAB) so I'm trying to save it.
Any advice for main battery removal to protect the vehicle system's?
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some info for those doing a forum search on the same subject. Got the LB changed ok, had to disconnect and take out the main vehicle battery to do it though. It didn't require a slave battery to keep everything live. After refitting and reconnecting both batteries the one shot windows needed resetting. Close all windows and doors, then for each separate window, pull up the window button for at least one second then release. Pull it up again and hold again for a few seconds. Release. The one shot up and down function should now have been reset.
I was concerned that I may lose the Kenwood entertainment system as I wasn't sure if I had the radio code. Luckily, the van seemed to recognise the unit and visa versa so no need to enter a code. I had to reset the DAB channels into my chosen order but apart from that, all seemed ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts