VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a decent quality replacement nearside bottom door roller please and advice on how to swap it out without causing any damage to myself or my van please .

Very much appreciated, B&T .

Also need a new step cover (to fit over a 12mm ply floor) cuz ours is pretty scratched up now . Thanks again.

Registered
VdubPhotoLife has a video on YouTube . They are OEM quality parts out there will post back when I can find company again. As for our last vans scruffy step I sanded all the deep scratches out then heated it up with a heat gun ( carefully 馃榿) and the sprayed it with a non slip mat finish dash cleaner and it worked a treat. It can make the plastic more brittle but if you're going to replace it anyway it's always fun trying to repair or restore ( but I'm a cheap bugger)

Registered
Can anyone recommend a decent quality replacement nearside bottom door roller please and advice on how to swap it out without causing any damage to myself or my van please .

Very much appreciated, B&T .

Also need a new step cover (to fit over a 12mm ply floor) cuz ours is pretty scratched up now . Thanks again.
I bought the Transporter HQ aftermarket one, it looks the job but was a bit tricky to fit, which could just be my van (insulated floor then ply).

Registered
Excuse the dirt, but this is the THQ one in situ over insulation, ply and flooring:

Registered
Looks oem but it's not, it's missing the light (on purpose, I don't have one and didn't want a blanking plate) and it's higher to accomodate the floor!

Registered
Have you looked for a new roller? They are all over the internet, Just Kampers, Heritage, ebay, VW dealers may stock them?

And a deeper side step are on all the aftermarket websites; Transporter HQ, Travelinlite, VeeDub, Vanstyle, Van-X.... various genuine and copy parts. Vanstyle one is 拢35 but not sure on quality

Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah ive had a look but like you say theres a lot of choice out there so its down to the quality of each individual one .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts