VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first post so be kind :)

I have just purchased my first VW T5 2007! Very happy with it so far and loving this forum, some really helpful people on here.

I have a problem with my sliding door central locking/locking mechanism and my passenger door.

The sliding door:

It currently opens from the inside but not the outside. The internal door mechanism was all smashed up so I have had a new unit fitted by a friend of mine but it still only opens from the inside!! :confused:

Andy idea if this is a canbus related problem or central locking, any way I can check the door contacts etc? or is it likely to be something else, all the door handles are brand new as well so it cant be that.

The passenger door:

Handle jammed on inside and wont fully extend on the outside, I assume its simply a jammed mechanism?

I need the passenger door fixed asap as I cant access the fuel cap at the moment, any other way to open the door?

I am thinking of taking it to the VW dealership but thought I would post in here first to see if any of you have any advice. Any vw garages that you recommend that are not quite as pricy as a main dealer.

Any help you could give me I would really apreciate it!!!!!

T:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Alright dude

I had the same problem with my sliding door. I found that the cable that goes to the catch at the rear of the door had popped out of some of the guide clips which was making the cable loose and less effective. I popped it back in the clips which gave the latch more movement and it was sorted.

No idea with the passenger door though :confused:

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts