VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Is there the same actuator/motor part in the sliding door as in the passenger and drivers doors?

Just wondering before I go stripping down the panels to get at it.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Would all depend on whether its original equipment of after-market.
If original equipment then I'd say there should be, best way to see for a VW system is that there is an electrical contact pad on the leading door pillar (about fuel filler height) and a matching set of sprung pins on the sliding door. Its about 3 inches by 1 inch.
If you don't have something similar then its unlikely that the slider has central locking.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the contact pads & 3 springy pins in the sliding door. They are both wired up.

I've just swapped in new actuators/motors into the drivers door & passenger door & the central locking is working fine in these two doors.

Now I want to tackle fixing the sliding door & wondering if the actuator in sliding door is the same as the other two I've already replaced.

Suppose there's only one way to find out for sure which is to dismantle the door.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
It is unusual for the one in the sliding door to fail. Check all the wiring and contacts first.

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,128 Posts
Search through this forum section.....
About 2 months ago, someone had the same problem.
Found out the "plungers" for the door contact were in a right state.
Cleaned them and it worked, but he said he was gonna buy new anyway as they were so badly corroded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts