VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I don't suppose someone can tell me where the Sliding Door Control Unit Module is located? I'm having some problems with the sliding door on my T5 shuttle, errors from VCDS:

02356 - Data transfer to sliding door electrical error in circuit
02356 - Pinch protection open circuit
03303 - Return message for left rear door closing condition implausible signal static

After googling a bit and seeing others with similar errors the fix was to replace the control unit module. I wanted to check this out and see if there was anything obvious wrong with it but I have no clue as to where to look for it. I checked behind the D pillar trim and couldn't spot it, is it actually in the door? Is it an easy job to swap out?

Has anyone got any other clues as to what the problem could be with the door if not the control unit?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

AMc

·
Special Rapporteur
9,974 Posts
First thing you need to do - every time you post with a problem - is to say what year/model the van is, because the electrical systems change a lot depending on model year.

Next thing to do is explain what symptoms you are getting - you say you have a problem with your electric sliding door, but how does it manifest itself? What symptoms do you see?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2013/T5.1 LWB shuttle. I am unable to open/close the door with the key remote, I have to use the button on the dash. I have to press and hold the button to get it to close, when it is closed the button flashes yellow. When using the button on the dash it doesn't always fully close it takes more than a few attempts. The open door warning doesn't come up on the display though. It also suffers from bounce back when closing to add to that.

I ran some diags via VCDS and got those error codes and reading other threads others with those errors had an issue with the control unit module so I wanted to check this out but I don't know where to look for it.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,974 Posts
It should be in the void behind the rear sliding door pillar, below the panel that covers the mid-level track. Unfortunately they do have a reputation for suffering from water damage, so first thing I would do is remove it and see if the connector is corroded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much. I was planning on swapping the modules over each side. Do you know the best way to get access both sides?

·
Special Rapporteur
9,974 Posts
Sorry, never had to do it - I've never owned a van with electric doors and I never expect to own one in future. But I would think that if you remove the interior trim panels they should be easy enough to access.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts