VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought my first VW, a 54 plate 2.5 T32 T5 panel van and I'm having an issue with my sliding door, the interior light stays on when the door is closed and the central locking wont lock it. all the others close but not the sliding door, I have to lock it manually.

I haven't got a manual yet so I'm not sure on the wiring for the door switch, there is a 3 pin wedge type switch but I think that's for the central locking power.

Has anybody any ideas or experience?::*

·
Registered
896 Posts
The three pin wedge type contact should be six... the door contact switch runs through this.

if you can give me your model code i.e (7eh) should be on a sticker on the drivers seat base

I'll have a look for you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had a quick look and cant see anything on the drivers seat base, I assume the drivers seat doesn't pop open like the passengers, gave it a go but no movement. I will have a better look tomorrow morning when I have better light, and yeah the contacts are six :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Ok should be a thin black with a green stripe

10-pin connector, grey, coupling station under front passenger seat

check you have same wire in the 6 pins in the sliding door contact switch.

This wire should go ground when the door shuts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've spent some time on it today, but no joy.

The 10 pin plug under the passenger seat had different colour cables. I checked the wedge type plug on the chassis and there are only 5 connected, pins 1 and 2 are 12vdc, the others are 10 ohms to ground and 1 of them is 2 ohms to ground. I've cleaned the contacts and checked all the way trough to the inside of the sliding door, all is ok. I did take it for a drive and the dash light was flashing on and off when driving over bumps which would suggest a loose connection. I've checked the wires from inside the door right over to the plug under the passenger seat and done a loop check. I am loosing 1vdc on one of the 12vdc pins (cant remember which one).
I'm now thinking its either inside the locking mech or from the 10 pin plug back.

·
Registered
896 Posts
right mate been through the wiring diagrams a few times and each diagram shows

pin 4 (connector in photo) with a black and green stripe wire in it :*

not knowing which model t5 you have makes it a lot harder.

pm me your email and I'll send you a diagram for you to follow

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found the fault, dodgy contact on a plug behind the sliding door. tested the plunger at it worked fine. cleaned the contacts and then magic happened, ye ha!!!!
Thanks for your help incarPaul!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello.

After reading a number of posts at (least 10) I came across this. You have/ had the same problem I am currently suffering with the interior light being on all the while. I have done the contact cleaning etc.

I was interested in what you did to the male part of the 6 pin connector on the sliding door? If I understand you. It was a simple as a loose/ dirty connection?

Also what Is the insulation you have used? I have just bought my first modern van. 04 t28, and after taking the roof lining down it only has polystyrene sheet complete with condensation. You're looks more technical and warmer.

Many thanks

Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey adding this for the sake of anyone else searching the same problem I have.

Took sliding door apart today after checking all connections the various e plugs in the door, I found that a good slam will allow the lights in the van to go out. If I touch either the inner or outer door handle then the lights come back on. Humph.

So I removed the lock mechanism and on top of this is a tiny micro switch. Long story short is that this has a bad contact in it. I have removed it from the lock and taped it shut until source a replacement from vw. About £28 including the lock I think.

Happy days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts