VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi haveing problems with my sliding door on a 2005 model, when i go to close it, it doesn't engage and just bounces back. Any help or advice

·
Special Rapporteur
8,604 Posts
If you open the door and look at the catch mechanism on the back edge of the door itself, you should see that the catch lever is free to move, can be pushed shut with something like a screwdriver blade (carefully) and should flick open when you pull on either outside or inside handle.

You cannot shut the door if the catch lever is shut. If I had to guess, I would suspect that you have closed the catch lever in the process of trying to find the door light switch (as described in another thread) and have failed to open it again before trying to shut the door. Hopefully you haven't yet tried slamming the door...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you open the door and look at the catch mechanism on the back edge of the door itself, you should see that the catch lever is free to move, can be pushed shut with something like a screwdriver blade (carefully) and should flick open when you pull on either outside or inside handle.

You cannot shut the door if the catch lever is shut. If I had to guess, I would suspect that you have closed the catch lever in the process of trying to find the door light switch (as described in another thread) and have failed to open it again before trying to shut the door. Hopefully you haven't yet tried slamming the door...
it was already doing, taking the locking mechanism out and the rollers de greased everything and re greased now is all working, just suffering from a lack of TLC. I will remember your advise for the future though. Thank You

1 - 3 of 3 Posts