VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning, friendly folk of the t4 world, T: does any1 know, if its possible to fit crewcab doors instead of a sliding door :* i think this would be a worthwhile, different project, and any feedback will be warmly welcomed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was thinking of using doka doors budd, but have just been told, they are overall, 10 inch's wider, 1 door, is 29 1/2 inch

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't it make more sense to cut and shut two sliding doors since they already fit the profile of the side of the van? You'd need to add hinges and locks too, obviously
good call that sneddy, would the normal front door hinges work do you think, was also thinkin, usin the lock mech, from t4 rear barn doors...........:*

shopping list :ILU: :)

an ofside sliding door A:

barn door lock mech A:

door hinges A:

and a clever man, with a welding torch, and a lot of skills :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:cool: spoke to a man with skills yesterday, seems i maybe wanting n/s and o/s DOKA doors and all hardware of a crewcab T: so fellow folk of the t4 world,:ILU:, has any1 got a pair, or any1 know of a pair T:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think you might be in luck.. my neighbour breaks T4s and I know he has some Doka doors... check out atlantic t4 breakers on facebook and itll have his contact info on there. Hes near Bude, so Kernowshire too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well work has started, located parts,:ILU: delivered them to the man with skills, gotta say, even tho he is well up for doing this, he says it makes a change to the same ole same ole every day stuff,I: his hair is being worn away with all the scratching :*

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of this one, good luck with it fella, keep us updated T:
just took me ages to find this thread i started I: anyways, i just got back from the bodyshop, work is well on the way,hinges
fitted,and doors hung, early stages yet, chuffed with it tho, and when i find out, how to upload photos i will update T:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Seen a pic on facebook, did look good! Will have to try drag my ass along to a meet and have a look! Good effort that man! T:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts