VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T4 Caravelle 2001 LWB.

And I'm having trouble with the sliding doors.

On both the nearside and the offside, when I shut them it takes a good few goes to get them to close. The back end almost always 'bounces' back out and the interior light stays on. Sometimes I have to resort to giving the back end a shoulder charge (like a Cop breaking down a for sort-of-a-move :) ) to get it to stay closed. Most annoying becasue it means that whenever someone gets in and I'm driving I have to get out of the driving seat to get the sliding door properly closed.

Oh, and one of them has also suddenly become rather rattly (wonder if it's connected?)

Has anyone experienced similar, and even better, does anyone have suggested solutions?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only got it a few weeks ago and haven't inspected the rollers. Is that an easy enough job to do?

(just looked at your rebuild. Looks nice. Same colour as mine :) )

·
Registered
775 Posts
My sliding door and both drivers side door and passenger door have never lined up since i put i all back together after respraying it and i never knew why and its annoyed me ever since...

After reading this thread, i thought i'd go have a quick look at it, turns out that all the catches that the door latches to were all loose I: re aligned and tightened them up and now i have aligned doors and the sliding door now has no gap at the bottom :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts