VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've bought a van (t5) which has a genuine sliding side window (1). I've been offered that in exchange for the single sliding window the vendor would replace it with a fixed window and put in an additional fixed window in to the other side.

so, I'd have 2 fixed windows rather than 1 slider for the same price

What would you guys recommend? Should I do that or keep the original and pay the extra for putting in an additional one?

I originally wasnt bothered about loosing the slider cos I was concerned they're not that secure but not sure now. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
adi

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
keep the slider,it wouldnt cost you much to have a fixed window on the other side if you wanted one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. If I havent missed the boat I'll see if they can change the plan and keep the slider. Whats security like with those windows?

·
Registered
291 Posts
i got standard vw sliders on me 05 kombi bloody things leak :eek:
I have a sneaky suspicion mine do a bit too. Is there an easy cure? They seem pretty well designed and sealed .... it can't be beyond the science of man to stop a small dribble .
Would a smear of vaseline on the rubber work?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a sneaky suspicion mine do a bit too. Is there an easy cure? They seem pretty well designed and sealed .... it can't be beyond the science of man to stop a small dribble .
Would a smear of vaseline on the rubber work?
good luck with that n let us know how you got on T::)

·
Registered
118 Posts
my sliders where leaking like a sieve until i put some Vaseline on the rubber seals. worked a treat. haven't leaked for 6 months now

tinbottom

·
Registered
291 Posts
Music to my ears :cool: I'll let you know how I get on.
Just been out and spent the last hour vasaline'ing up the windows, tracks & seals
They open MUCH better than they used to .... the offside one was mastic'd shut for a start ....
I'll probably have to mastic it shut again if I can't find a suitable solution but am hopeful this may do the job.

·
Registered
291 Posts
**UPDATE**

Vaseline is working so far .... though we haven't had much rain ..... HOWEVER ....don't use too much (like me) as when it goes cold, creates a really good seal :confused: like the mastic !
I've wiped some off and will monitor it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts