VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
aka, funkydung
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98' 1.9td ABL T4 and have developed a noise when engine is cold, a sort of whinny/squeaky click click. This is coming from the alternator belt area, have changed this and it went away for a few days but has come back. There is slight play in the water pump pulley, would this be the fault and is it new water pump time?

·
Registered
365 Posts
hi mate
i just changed complete water pump because of this noise + had a leak from behind wheel
hasent done anything to the noise:confused: but leak fixedT:
from cold it sounds like a squeel clicking sound kinda like dry bearings then goes away when warmed up:*
i will now check other belts, new power steering pump so cant be that and new alt + all belts are new mmmmm
got to wait till it cools down so i can hear it again.
if i find out what it is i will repost, if you beat me to it please post what it was T:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 98' 1.9td ABL T4 and have developed a noise when engine is cold, a sort of whinny/squeaky click click. This is coming from the alternator belt area, have changed this and it went away for a few days but has come back. There is slight play in the water pump pulley, would this be the fault and is it new water pump time?
I've a similar clicky / flappy noise, after the water pump has been changed. Goes away at higher revs. Still looking.

·
Registered
365 Posts
hi mate
i just changed complete water pump because of this noise + had a leak from behind wheel
hasent done anything to the noise:confused: but leak fixedT:
from cold it sounds like a squeel clicking sound kinda like dry bearings then goes away when warmed up:*
i will now check other belts, new power steering pump so cant be that and new alt + all belts are new mmmmm
got to wait till it cools down so i can hear it again.
if i find out what it is i will repost, if you beat me to it please post what it was T:
it was alternator belt that needed to be replaced, never new it could make such a noise so now all sorted, to check it i rubbed some pure silicone on the inside then started engine and noise gone straitaway, becareful what you use on the belt i only did this because it was getting changedT:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts