VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,so i have 2007 1.9tdi kombi,165oookm on clock. When i bought it last year from main vw dealers it had a slight shudder on take off in 1st gear,a it would run a bit rough,went inn under warranty and they replaced the clutch and release bearing,saying tis was the fault. it was ok for months and now it shudders again but they said the clutch is not warrantied as it is a wear part? it used to happen only when cold but sometimes it happens more often and also sometimes when i reverse,any body know ow long a clutch release bearing sould last as havent done a million miles in the space of the year and i dont want the problem to get owrse and cause me a very big problem,ie, dmf or the like. has anyone had a similar problem??? cheers, carol.:*

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
te start up and tick over are fine,although lately the revs increase on there own from 900 to 1000 rpm???? the shudder is when i lift off the clutchh to drive away, its like im driving over some ridges in the road or the hand brake is still on, and yesterday it happened wile i was reversing into a parking place,no rattle noises or clunks when i release the clutch,just the shudder in the van, could it be any thing else apart from the dmf. i got a price of 360 euro for the dmf on its own, 500 with the clutch kit, is it better to replace the 2 together??/ im getting worried now as im off to france in 3 weeks.:(

·
Registered
42 Posts
is it aggressive like your lettingthe clutch in and out fast ! Like the clutch plate is bouncing ? If it is really aggressive it has to be the clutch bouncing or the springs in the dmf are buggerd if that's possible ? If your replacing the dmf and you have done more than 40 000 miles I would get new clutch to . I would also get in the van start it up make shore hand brake on hard and put it in first and go to pull away with a little revs to stop the engine stalling let the clutch out slowly until it starts to bounce or bight and push it in as soon as it does ither ! If it is your clutch it should just start to bounce as soon as it load,s up . But ither way if it's ither thing you should be abul to reproduce the symptoms to your garage .
Good luck hope all goes well , I am shure mine will need replacing soon !

·
Registered
42 Posts
The symtoms your discribe are exactly what I have in my 2.5. Doesn't do it all the time and generally goes doesn't do it when warm. Had to reverse up a steep hill the other day and it shuddered very badly. Keep us up to date with what happens because there is no way I can have any work done on the van at the moment, but would be really interested in what you do,

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi , spoke to vw today and the service tech said it was most likely a small amount of play in the flywheel, if it was on the way out it would knock when idling, so i should not worry, ....yet. will just take it easy and see what happens but i cant relax now as i keep "hearing" rattle noises ......lets see what happens.:*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.