VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my throttle linkage seal done on the fuel pump by a friend.
No more leaks, but fired it up and it only just ticks over.
Air in the pipes has cleared and it runs fine while driving but sounds like a bag of nails idling.
I've just tried the idle screw but it didn't make any difference at all, must be more serious.
Why would it not idle when nothing has been changed. I'd rather have lived with the leak than
caused another problem! If it's aint broke....but it was sort of.

Throttle cable is in the same slot, although it's always been on it's longest adjustment even with a new cable (see pic).
Although i knew when the cable was fitted it shoultn't have been on max setting but worked ok so didn't bother
finding out why. Any ideas? It was a genuine vw par

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5hGCw2I68C3o7ruSE5AdOA?feat=directlink

·
Registered
108 Posts
sorry to jump in on your post mate but can anyone tell me where the idle screw is on a 2.5 88bh 2000 t4 im a complete numpty with mechanics :* and mine is idling slowly as well

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
sorry to jump in on your post mate but can anyone tell me where the idle screw is on a 2.5 88bh 2000 t4 im a complete numpty with mechanics :* and mine is idling slowly as well
Its not a mechanical adjustment mate its got to be set using vas or vag com suggest you get your pump timing checked first mate T:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I've just had my throttle linkage seal done on the fuel pump by a friend.
No more leaks, but fired it up and it only just ticks over.
Air in the pipes has cleared and it runs fine while driving but sounds like a bag of nails idling.
I've just tried the idle screw but it didn't make any difference at all, must be more serious.
Why would it not idle when nothing has been changed. I'd rather have lived with the leak than
caused another problem! If it's aint broke....but it was sort of.

Throttle cable is in the same slot, although it's always been on it's longest adjustment even with a new cable (see pic).
Although i knew when the cable was fitted it shoultn't have been on max setting but worked ok so didn't bother
finding out why. Any ideas? It was a genuine vw par

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5hGCw2I68C3o7ruSE5AdOA?feat=directlink
Not sure whats been done mate I would suggest speaking to Auto Marine Diesel in Hove they are in the book and very helpfulT:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Your's in fly by wire it has a mechanical pump but its controlled by a ECU hence the reason I suggest you get vag com or vas and check pump timing first T: as rare for idle to change for anyother reason T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts