VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just cleaned and blanked the egr on my 102 bhp 2.5 tdi t4 and when I took the intercooler off I noticed a narrow breather hose hanging loose which connects onto a thicker pipe running along the front of the rocker cover and this pipe appears to go to the brake servo unit.

has anyone got any ideas what this connects to as I cant seem to find any obvious connection points. the pipe is not as thick as a drinking straw and the end that is flapping about has a rubber braided sleeve on the end of it that matches some of the other hoses.

thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hi on my 2.5tdi, that pipe connects to the brake servo pipe that runs across the front of the engine bay..

mine was a white thin pipe that had a hole on the back of it, which meant if I pushed the brake down a few times the pedal would go stiff...

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
has anyone got any ideas what this connects to as I cant seem to find any obvious connection points. the pipe is not as thick as a drinking straw and the end that is flapping about has a rubber braided sleeve on the end of it that matches some of the other hoses.
The small pipe is the vacum control for the internal heater shutter, when you recirculate the cabin air the vacum pulls the shutter closed when you press the button on dash T:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Have just looked and in the middle of the servo pipe there is cone shaped connector which has 2 connections for breather hoses..

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, still a little confused so here is a photo of the hose in question. for some reason the photo is upside down but hopefully you get the drift. where does this other end go?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
One connects into a Y splitter and goes to the valve just behind the expansion bottle..
The other goes into the cab through the bulkhead in the same area...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers mate, will give it a go tomorrow. It's pulling like a train so is not have any major effect!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Clive

It goes to the bulkhead should be a connector next to the heater matrix pipes. hows the light fitting going?

Cheers

Jody

1 - 13 of 13 Posts