VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No don’t think so bud it’s for the rear barn door , can’t find clips etc anywhere, but obviously you can buy the whole mechanism ! Just need that one small piece !!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tried them bud , even put 2 on and they pulled of in a couple of days !!
How about one of those nuts with the locking screw in. Can't think what they are called sorry... But if you think valve caps with anti theft screw that's what I'm on about 😂.. Not original but less likely to pop off?

·
Registered
T4 2000 1.9td ABL
107 Posts
Sorry, but why not drill a hole (or make a track) in the rod and fit a wire to lock it in? Will most def. give more play than part nr. 191 837 199, but it works, no?

Would you mind taking some more pictures on the rear side of the handle? Wondering if there's a difference between the handle for barn doors and the other version (looking for an replacement). The object im looking at has part no. 701887210 printed on it. Realise its for the doors, but has a sticker with part no. 701827561a, so im confused... sorry for rant lol.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I am a bit old school and if I could not find the right part I would try 3 things to solve this

1) Drill the rod for a split pin and fit a washer between it and the mech. (tricky as you may break a drill attempting this in situ)

2) Try using a capped wheel retainer of the right size, if you use google images and enter "wheel retainers" you will see various types of star caps for axles ( think pram wheels!)

3) Again use a washer and then use superglue and micro balloons to build up a ridge on the end of the rod (I think baking soda works as well)

Good luck with fixing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts