VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
previously known as "cheekychappy84"
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small caravan - very cheap with a decent shell and chasis for a little project. Inside doesn't really matter. Something like the freedom small caravans would be perfect. Eriba pucks are way overpriced IMO.

Pm me with anything you have or if you know of anyone who has 1?
Cheers

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for the night

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi there

I don't know if it's your cuppa tea but there is a lady selling a 1968 Fisher Holivan on the Cardiff Gumtree. Possibly one of the coolest and saught after small caravans around. I spoke to her about it but I just haven't got the space. I've got a 1972 Thomson Mini Glen which Im restoring. Perhaps you could consider one of these as they are dead cheap and weigh only 600kg.

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Hi there

I don't know if it's your cuppa tea but there is a lady selling a 1968 Fisher Holivan on the Cardiff Gumtree. Possibly one of the coolest and saught after small caravans around. I spoke to her about it but I just haven't got the space. I've got a 1972 Thomson Mini Glen which Im restoring. Perhaps you could consider one of these as they are dead cheap and weigh only 600kg.
Lol, isn't that the one from father ted:D not sure coolest and sought but funnyA:

·
Registered
208 Posts
You'd be laughing even more if you bought it, cleaned it up and sold it in the summer months for a grand more. They go for silly money when the sun is shining. People with classic cars go after them. The Freedoms have no soul and are plastic and cheap looking.

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers fo the replies

I like the thought of the freedom caravans cos their fibreglass and less likely to get damp etc

T:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cheers fo the replies

I like the thought of the freedom caravans cos their fibreglass and less likely to get damp etc

T:
Fibre glass still perishes and cracks after time. Aluminium fatigues far less. Seams are fairly easy to re-seal but it is very time consuming. Caravans leak around windows too. I've had to take every window out of mine and re seal each one. Horrible job. I would have a look at that little Fisher. It would be a good investment to sell in the summer even if you never use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts