VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this one but we have a problem with our smev & saucepans!

Just tested out our smev hob for the first time, and parked on a slight slope, every time someone moved, the momentum of the water moving caused the saucepans to slide off the hob, aaarrrgghhh! Not helped by the presence of a wriggly toddler, I had to sit and hold the pans in place until dinner was ready.

Anyone else had this problem/any suggestions?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, we had thought of that but struggled to find level ground, and with the massive downpours outside, 2 adults, toddler and dog were stuck in the van whilst trying to avoid the sliding pans of boiling water!

G

·
ok

might sound a bit crude but
what about bending a wire coat hanger around the wire on the hob just so its a little higher on the side of the pan to stop the pan sliding :dunno:

or buy a few pack-a-macs and send them out in the rain I:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Not sure where to post this one but we have a problem with our smev & saucepans!

Just tested out our smev hob for the first time, and parked on a slight slope, every time someone moved, the momentum of the water moving caused the saucepans to slide off the hob, aaarrrgghhh! Not helped by the presence of a wriggly toddler, I had to sit and hold the pans in place until dinner was ready.

Anyone else had this problem/any suggestions?
Jack up the low corner of the van a bit - will level you up and help to stop the rocking...........:)
Oh, and get someone to take the toddler for a walk while you're cooking - kids and hot saucepans are not a good mix in such a confined space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts