VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after seeing lots of people doing light conversions on there vans i felt a bit left out,, being a long nose van my options are limited.... so went for some smoked lamp covers of dubflecta,, very very good fit and these are the ones off his black bus,,,, what do you think... i think it looks really nice.. and the grey bonnet is staying for a while, as i havent decided on what to do with my black one..... considering i dont do much spraypainting and its been done with rattle cans im really pleased,, now airbrush or pinstripe...?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Those smoked covers look awesome!, really need to black the metal out around my grill too!T:
Chezzy, get some retro wind deflectors off Mr Dubflecta if you haven't already got some, really impressed with mine :)

Bizarre you have gone for a metalic grey bonnet, As I have been thinking about doing my wing mirrors and possibly bumpers metalic grey, which colour is it?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Those smoked covers look awesome!, really need to black the metal out around my grill too!T:
Chezzy, get some retro wind deflectors off Mr Dubflecta if you haven't already got some, really impressed with mine :)

Bizarre you have gone for a metalic grey bonnet, As I have been thinking about doing my wing mirrors and possibly bumpers metalic grey, which colour is it?
the bonnet is a little temporary,, well untill ive decided what to do with the black on i have......
here are some layout im looking at....

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The van looks real cool with the pictured setup
I was just on yours suppliers HP & they dont list those black/dark light covers....
So now I am somewhat puzzled as to what has been done. Are these off the shelf or not?
Thanks for sharing:)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yes they are off the shelf but only available for Long Nose. I can currently supply dark smoked or blue, I just have not updated websire with smoked ones yet.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hi dubflecta.
Many thanks for getting back to us/me reg smoked lenses.
As I said I did not find them on U`r HP, but as I see know U have them off the shelf. Good of U to clarifyA:
I might just get intouch with U reg a set or twoT:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I do like the look of thatT: different from the norm;)

Yes they are off the shelf but only available for Long Nose. I can currently supply dark smoked or blue, I just have not updated websire with smoked ones yet.
Just had a look at your website mate, do like the look of them headlight protectors mines a short nose and one of the headlights as got a slight chip which comes up as a advisory on Mot's so might get some to protect them for any more damage. Is the any reason for not doing them smoked for the short nose then!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
So what is up with the black bonnet?
Pinstriping, flames, colorchange?
Do spill U`r beans Mate T:
I will have a look out for U`r Hannover LP Holder. PM meT:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I do like the look of thatT: different from the norm;)

Just had a look at your website mate, do like the look of them headlight protectors mines a short nose and one of the headlights as got a slight chip which comes up as a advisory on Mot's so might get some to protect them for any more damage. Is the any reason for not doing them smoked for the short nose then!

Here is my friends old t4 with shortnose smoked protectors on ( i may have some in my lock up somewhere, I cant remember if I sold them all! )

As you can see, The SHORT NOSE ones DO NOT cover headlamp and indicator at the moment. Feedback that I received from Shortnose owners was that they would prefer them to be an all in one ( including indicator ).

I am working on some designs with the manufacturer and I hope to have an all in one version for the short nose available soon. This is a bit of a long term project ( started last year!) ) but as soon as I have them and I am pleased with them I will post an advert in the classified section.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts