VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,NEW TO SITE JUST BOUGHT AN 800 SPECIAL 97 T4 OFF E BAY FOR £373 .00 BARGAIN!!!!. Got a small problem van chucks out tons of smoke on start up! I think it hasnt been serviced for ages would this solve smoking?

Will post pics soon,its a bit rough at the mo but should get better when i get my hands on it !!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hi mate welcomeT:,,,could be a number of things we it smokes if its just smells of diesel fuel Eg: not oil burning smoke smell i wouldnt worry too much,,like you say a service is where to start first,ya never know air filter might be blocked up,could be alsorts,,does she stop smoking after a min or 2 when started,mine smokes a fair ish bit on start up but its a diesel so they will smoke its whether its good smoke if that makes sence,,hope a service sorts it for you mate,,

cheers RickT:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
:gl
Cheers for the reply.The smoking stops as you say after a min then never happens again until its started from cold again.
,,,hi mate mines the same & its all up to sevice bar doing the fuel filter,,i will see how she is after ive changed that,,but on the other hand ive done all the mods
egr
air box
turned up fuel "Just A Tad"
& one off right from the modded flange New Gen Impreza/side exit exhaust:cool:
so theres no cat now,so when i start it you can smell diesel smoke which if i couldnt i"d be worried lol:)once its cleared if i give her a big dab on the throttle you do get a puff of diesel smoke but again with no cat thats to be expected i"ll see when it comes to the MOT what he as to say/his machine:gl
once your driving i can put my foot to the floor & theres no smoke at all which is pretty clean really even compared with modern dieselsT:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts