VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right off to bed in a bit & just about to smoke me last roll up, giving up for good now! Think I'm facing my own mortality so joined a gym and kicking the ****, not getting any younger at 43 and wanna be around a few years yet, to finish off the van if nothing else.So may be on here tomorrow effing and jeffing about nothing in particular, but no more nicotine how hard can it be ????

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I listened to my Dad bump starting his lungs every morning while I was growing up 60+ Woodbines a day! I never needed any other encouragement not to start smoking. I wish you the very best and hope the taste of food makes it all worth while,. Cheers, Tony.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
I wish you the best of luck fella, wish i could sometimes T:

Elvis....you are funny :D

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
I try everyday to stop, and don't believe any smoker doesn't know the damage they're doing to themselves. I wish you the very best of luck but we all know luck really doesn't come into it. If you really want to be free of the nasty, but extremely enjoyable addiction you'll do it.T:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
good luck Lloyd T:
i've gone on the rollies after years of Marlboro lights.
i've been smoking American Spirit for a few weeks now.
it's not as bad a normal rollie backy. there is no additives & chemicals in it etc. just natural.
so once i'm weened off all the crap. I hope to be able to give up smoking too.
It is rubbish. for money and health reasons.

i was smoking 20 cigs a day @ £6.50-ish
these 25g bags last me three days and cost £6.30.
I can only get it round here in Asda or Tesco tho. :(

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
good luck Lloyd T:
i've gone on the rollies after years of Marlboro lights.
i've been smoking American Spirit for a few weeks now.
it's not as bad a normal rollie backy. there is no additives & chemicals in it etc. just natural.
so once i'm weened off all the crap. I hope to be able to give up smoking too.
It is rubbish. for money and health reasons.

i was smoking 20 cigs a day @ £6.50-ish
these 25g bags last me three days and cost £6.30.
I can only get it round here in Asda or Tesco tho. :(
Do you put filters in your rollies mate? It makes your expensive baccy go 30% further still. I:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Good luck and when your tempted, think of what you could buy your van with the money your savingT:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Good luck bud, i have been off them since Xmas and have had a few social slip ups but i'm still trying. You will feel far healthier a few weeks in and FWIW i really didn't want to give up and really enjoyed it too. If you feel the need really badly just get some of those Nicorette which take the edge off it and will stop you buying the real thing, if you do buy some **** again its game over!

Dont get addicted to the lozenges if you do go that route, they are a last resort to stop you buying **** on impulse.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm on my 5th day without the tabs and not bought any for a week now so i'm quids in.
Thanks to the wonderful Champix as supplied by my GP this has been a damn site easier than than the last time i gave up by going cold turkey. No cravings in the morning, easy to drive without a tab.
Weekend was a little tricky though, especially when i was sorting the van, the old habit of 'do some work, light up, do some more work' made the craving coime alive, but that was soon fixed with some Tutti Frooties.
Best of luck Bud, i know how tricky it gets

·
Registered
163 Posts
Champrix was the route I took, smoked rollies hevily for years, a 50g pack wouldn't last me more than 2-3 days, took that drug for 3 weeks then stoped, havent had a smoke scince. thats nearly 5 years ago now :)

yes I do still get twinges as i did enjoy it, but very glad I did it an won't smoke again :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Good luck with stopping the ****. I've done it - in 1997, 2000, 2005... must be time to try again soon LOL:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Good Luck Lloyd
I've tried many times over the past 15 years to kick it. Acupuncture twice, hypnotheorpy (spelt wrong sod it) mints, gum and all sorts.
The wife decided to give up for the first day back at work this year. She had a nicorette inhaler, she faired ok, still had probably 10 rollies in a week. We decided to buy her an electronic cigarette as one our mates gave up a couple of years ago with one.

Anyway we went for a Skycig (other e **** are available). It turned up a bit later that we thought but she hasn't touch a rollie for 3 weeks now.
I took one to work last Thursday to see if I could stop smoking in work again (I didn't smoke in works time for years). Since Thursday I've had 4 rollies, even managed to watch the Wales vs England game in the pub without one!! That is an absolute first ever for me. I havn't actually had a rollie since Saturday afternoon now.
I'm not saying its easy (I could smoke one right now), but blinking heck it helps. The past 4 nights I havn't snored which is a miracle for my wife.
I know it is replacing one habit / addiction with another but I am an obsolute when I try and go cold turkey. By lunch time I have trouble seeing, I kid you not I have trouble focusing. I have had devote non smokers drive 10 miles and buy me **** out of their own money because I'm such hard work.
I want to stop completely but as I was trying just to cut down, smoking this skycig will do in the short term. There are no toxins, tar or nasty chemicals in it. Nicotene is as dangerous as caffiene.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ah the dreaded tobacco. I stopped for eight months. Been on nicotine gum for 2 frigging years and still have 2 rollies a day. Put 2 stone on over 8 months and still tring to lose another half stone. Best of luck..it sux;)
Gaz

1 - 20 of 33 Posts