VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like me and the missus will be heading over to Chamrousse on the 28th for a week of snowboarding, this is the third time we have driven to the alps in the van, so much nicer than standing in the airport for hours!
Anybody heading that way as well? It would be good to meet up for a board/ski and a few beersT:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Haven't done the Alps in the van, did in my Freelander though, but I left Hereford at the same time one night as my mate left Sheffield. He flew to Geneva from East Midlands airport and got a transfer to Avoriaz (Portes du Soleil). We drove to Ashford, went through the tunnel then drove down. By the time he'd driven to and fannied about at, airports, flown, and got transfer. He rocked up at accomodation check in ten minutes after we did.
When fuel was cheaper I'd have said drive every time. Probably still would.
I hope to take the van to Italy for the second time this summer though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, you will have to let me know what the snow is like.
When we came back from Nendaz last xmas it took about 12 hours to the tunnel, we took it pretty steady, stopped for the wife a few times.
Stay in chalets or apartments when we are there just to have more room and a decent shower at the end of the day. If we travel over 2 days we stop in an aire somewhere on the way down and kip in the van.
When we drove to Italy there was a few of us so kept the fuel and ferry costs right down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts