VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the sale of my first due to opportunity and a much needed cash injection the search for a new one ended quickly, with this N reg 1.9D. Lots if work to do but that's why we do it. Looked over the engine and mechanics and put orders in for the usual stuff. I'm still trying to find out if it's actually a 1995? It was first registered in feb 96 but it looks an early model to me on the inside? Can anyone tell by the photos or I'll have to time vw at some point.

Got some wheels off eBay, gonna strip and dip and resurrect my old van, bigger and better, half the time half the cost...here's hoping.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
its an early model, will it be ready for next sunday for th regional meet I:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know what ya mean about getting parts for a 95 model!! Although most of the things I have needed so far have been obtained. I live on the isle of man which makes it a bigger pain to get parts I've probably spent as much on postage as what some people have done a conversion with.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
slow progress but its happening none the less.

heater matrix removed, couldnt afford the £130 for a new one so I flushed this one out a million times until it ran clear and was a lot warmer. will have to test it when back in but im sure some heat is better than nowt. slipped the matrix out without taking the dash out, wasnt too bad.....stupid thing now though is that ive removed the whole dash.....so a paint job is in the midst.

bought a million bits but waiting for it to go the spray shop at the end of the month. wheels have been powder coated, and in the process of fitting swivels to bases and seats to bases etc, bit of a mission as usual. well here are some pictures.

Matrix unit thing

powdered wheels

stripped and cleaned

dash removed - was easier than i thought. thing is i might have to repair dash clocks as they have wobbly needles, shouldnt be too bad hopefully.

garden full of a million pieces, screws everywhere, pretty sure ill have a few screws left when i put it all back in, if i can get it in!!:confused:

a blank canvas, this is going to take some thought, might be red this time?

and last....a before shot, 6 weeks and this will be a lot different, hopefully. will keep you posted. art work next :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The wheels are looking good.....
How much per wheel would that set me back please and where.........
a chap i know got them sorted for me. In bedworth, bayton road industrial estate. they needed a refurb first, which i got sorted, be around £40- 50 each depending on refurb, how much work and size etc. think he does the refurb bit too but not sure

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
looking good keep the pictures coming T:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts