VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So roughly what can I expect to pay for a T5 around 60k and ideally a 2006.

I have been seeing a few for 6-7k but then PLUS VAT which seems expensive.

Also where should I look, here, Ebay and Autotrader is all I can think.

I dont mind private or trade.

Another question is what can I expect to get for £7k as Ill probably be spending about another £1k on the conversion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looking on here more now I think I may be better off getting a T4 as I dont really want to spend mroe than £8k for everything fully done.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
think you will struggle to get a 2006 with 60k for that kinda cash
Why not a 2003-4-5 t5 prob get one then?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought my 2007 T5 last month after looking for ages. 47k, fsh and obviously still under VW warranty. Paid 6k+vat which was a bargain I thought. Its only the 85bhp but have plans for a remap which should transform it. Also it was white when I bought it but is now gleaming black thanks to a mate. Wheels next. I thought my budget was going to get me a 2004/2005 van and high mileage at that so I'm glad I persisted. Loving the T5 so far, just need a few more horses.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A few weeks ago I paid £12k all in for a 2005 2.5 TDI Shuttle SE with 47k on the clock. I thought this was a good deal especially for a Shuttle. At the time I just missed out on an exact same spec van for £10k. They are out there!!! but they go real quick :blg

·
Registered
238 Posts
04 T5 Panel T28-130, white, 58k, elec pack and tail gate (been looking for this combo for a loooooooong time)

£6k + VAT.

Tried a few auctions and they were going for more:confused:

Since the AA switched vans there's a lot less bargains in the auctions.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
what are auction prices for these vans then at the mo I was looking to go to ADT or BCA some time and I see they have a few in next weeks sale with 49k on the clock just didn't know if they where anygood or not and what they go for?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I went to one ADT in Manchester. There was about 10 transporters. All 2006 up. Some nice ones

The cheapest went for 7900 + vat + auction fee which is about 300 quid.

There was a lot of private buyers, surf bus hunters so were willing to go much higher than a trader. Most were close to Autotrader prices so no bargains at all.

If you want a Vauxhall Vivaro you can get one for less than 3K I:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
yeah I have to say the vauxhall is cheap as chips I have to say.. I may be tempted to do one of those in stead as I can get as new a model as I can and have change

·
Registered
238 Posts
T5 all the way for me, I waited a long time for the right van to find me.

Vauxhall have a bad rep well earned. Bit of a lottery with them.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
yeah I have to say the vauxhall is cheap as chips I have to say.. I may be tempted to do one of those in stead as I can get as new a model as I can and have change
I've said this for a long time now - you can get pretty much ANY of the newer 'non-VW' vans for WAY less than the VW equivalent - and that's Vauxhalls, Fords, Renaults, Citroens, etc.

You can always make the 'build quality' argument, but when 3 year old Transits, Vivaros, etc - with around 60k on the clocks - are going for the same money as 10 year old T4s with three times the mileage, then it really makes you wonder.....:confused:

My T4 has been 'OK' - but not 'super-reliable' - and it's cost a fair bit to keep it on the road to it's current standard. :(

In all honesty, if it didn't owe me so much in terms of recent mechanical bills, then I'd already be looking to replace it with something newer. It really is now a case of 'better the devil you know'.I:

Once I feel it's repaid it's debt to me, then I'll have no issues selling it and buying whichever van fits my needs best - but I'd honestly doubt I'd be willing to pay the extra 'scene tax'......

Just my 2p :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts