VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the light of some sad balding old mans(a mate of a moderate) posts, who owns these sites? us? them? a really old surfer with bad hair and bigotted views?(he hates t5's) who knows?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i look at it like a haynes manual online. but i object folk dising t5s just because they surf, jimmy saville did stuff for charity too!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so... a forum for vw t4 t5 (ive owned both(caravelle but thats because i am posh and want child security seats) allows a thug on here to say we are all yobbbo's, after asking people to pay to be insulted? sorry, i dont get it...

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Membership is not exclusive dude.

Californication (while being somewhat of a tool on occasion) has been a productive contributory member of the forum. We are a broad church and we like a decent amount of diversity within our membership. This includes tools, planks and not to mention nobheads.

After all variety is the spice of life.

Kick back, enjoy yourself. It ou don't like what some one posts feel free to not read it.

If it really really offends you then feel free to report it.

But just for clarifications. You do know that nothing actually happens when you get offended. It's a state of mind. You don't develop some life changing symptoms just because you've been offended.

Oh and so you know. The forum is owned and operated by a business (FWK publishing ltd). And it's run by us (the moderators) irrespective of friendships and allegiances moderation is carried out without prejudice or favouritism.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
When this forum started people use to say "for the members by the members"
They don't say that anymore.
Which is a shame really.
The sad part is I don't feel it ever was true after the move to this incarnation from the old forum.the reality is tho that it does after all have to be payed for
My main gripe is that I feel that any Tom dick or Harry regardless of the fact that they might be dodgy can be a trader on here if they stump up the money.
I freely admit my subs have lapsed......
Bunny

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
... and the problem with being a Trader is the fees! around £250+, so if you are doing full camper conversions, tuning and remapping, vehicle sales etc then great, loads of profit in that..... try selling and haggling with people over a few quid for some miserly stickers to and froing designs and then never to hear again because they went on flea bay and got some bin bag vinyl with glue on for next to nowt and then see what the profit margin is .... the only reason I pay the tenner is because of the classifieds and posting pictures, not out of the love of being one big happy family :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
For what it's worth I personally think threads like this are the worst thing about this forum I:I:

Over the years I have used this forum to find answers to loads of technical problems with my vans and to educate myself about them. T:

I have also made some good friends through it and hope to continue to do so T:T:

some people always seem to have an axe to grind on here weather it's about the no naming and shaming rules (which personally I understand) or who owns it, or about paying the fees, or about what people have said..... There are easy solutions to all these

DONT SUBSCRIBE!
IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH SOMETHING SOMEONE HAS SAID, BRING IT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MODS AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THEIR DECISION ....... VOTE WITH YOUR FEET.

Now is there any chance we can get this pointless, abrasive thread removed and all move on Rasp:

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I propose we create a Pointless Bitching section of the forum where threads like this can be relocated and those who want to carry on (or just have a chuckle whilst winding eachother up) can do so leaving the rest of us to enjoy witty van based banter and exchange of useful information. There's one on the SSVC and it works rather well.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts