VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sold my beloved van today to make way for a newer one but cried like a baby before she left lol Good job I am a girl isn't it or I couldn't admit that haha! I bet some of you men have cried when your trusty friend moves on ? I felt like I was offending it :-( the funny thing was my coat got stuck in the seatbelt twice this morning and it's never done that. She didn't want to leave me! Oh well time for our next project T:

·
Registered
319 Posts
A few years ago ( Pre T5) We had a Renault Laguna Estate. It was a great looking car with an unusual colour and although not everyones cup of tea I was very proud of it. In the years that we had it , it never missed a beat and was a pleasure to drive. The day came to trade it in and it would not start, totally dead! Eventually got it going and all the way to the garage the electrics played up, at one point the drivers electric window was going up and down!! It was like it knew we were parting. When i got to the garage, being the honest plonker that i am, i told them about the window and the electrics. The guy went out to check it and came back saying there is nothing wrong everything working as it should be!! ......So i did not actually cry at our parting....but i think the car did.*<:)>

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I have sold my beloved van today to make way for a newer one but cried like a baby before she left lol Good job I am a girl isn't it or I couldn't admit that haha! I bet some of you men have cried when your trusty friend moves on ? I felt like I was offending it :-( the funny thing was my coat got stuck in the seatbelt twice this morning and it's never done that. She didn't want to leave me! Oh well time for our next project T:
at least your getting a newer one............I sold mine a bought a mitsubishi l200 warrior :*, them realised I messed up and sold it and got a t5 again.......

I don't like thinking about the money I lost doing that :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bet my big bro shed a girly tear too!, you will need to join team white now:):):)
No his comment the other day when I said is it nice to be in the van again it's so smooth isn't it was 'not really I go in vans all the time at work' :bhd

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at least your getting a newer one............I sold mine a bought a mitsubishi l200 warrior :*, them realised I messed up and sold it and got a t5 again.......

I don't like thinking about the money I lost doing that :(
Mmm I did that last time too but luckily with a vw up so didn't lose too much! I bought the up thinking I wouldn't want a t5 but nope I still wanted one!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few years ago ( Pre T5) We had a Renault Laguna Estate. It was a great looking car with an unusual colour and although not everyones cup of tea I was very proud of it. In the years that we had it , it never missed a beat and was a pleasure to drive. The day came to trade it in and it would not start, totally dead! Eventually got it going and all the way to the garage the electrics played up, at one point the drivers electric window was going up and down!! It was like it knew we were parting. When i got to the garage, being the honest plonker that i am, i told them about the window and the electrics. The guy went out to check it and came back saying there is nothing wrong everything working as it should be!! ......So i did not actually cry at our parting....but i think the car did.*<:)>
Ahh bless poor little car :-( my 7 sweater 307 I had was a great car and never had any problems and the day I sold it I went to unlock it and the window wiper in the back window waved at me :-( that's why I found it so bazaar that I got stuck in the seatbelt with my t5!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wouldbegreat,.......... The worst car i ever had was a Morris 1100, bought it for £90 in Liverpool auctions, it lasted about 6 months.
There was a bus strike on in Liverpool, so on my way to work one morning i picked up a hitch hiker and we were talking cars and he asked me how i liked the 1100, ....Bloody awful, i replied, just at that moment we stopped at traffic lights and at the very moment i said " she,s going back in the auctions at the first opportunity, the whole front end of the car collapsed on to the front wheels making it impossible to move it an inch! I was late getting to work at the Fire Station and the lads had to come out with the cutting gear so we could move it from the traffic lights and into the fire stn yard. We eventually used it for cutting up practise. Must admit that car cried a bit as we cut into it with The jaws of life! (Alligator jaws) Or just crocodile tears perhaps!H:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wouldbegreat,.......... The worst car i ever had was a Morris 1100, bought it for £90 in Liverpool auctions, it lasted about 6 months.
There was a bus strike on in Liverpool, so on my way to work one morning i picked up a hitch hiker and we were talking cars and he asked me how i liked the 1100, ....Bloody awful, i replied, just at that moment we stopped at traffic lights and at the very moment i said " she,s going back in the auctions at the first opportunity, the whole front end of the car collapsed on to the front wheels making it impossible to move it an inch! I was late getting to work at the Fire Station and the lads had to come out with the cutting gear so we could move it from the traffic lights and into the fire stn yard. We eventually used it for cutting up practise. Must admit that car cried a bit as we cut into it with The jaws of life! (Alligator jaws) Or just crocodile tears perhaps!H:
LOL: Ricky 999 Looks like yours well and truly dumped you before you dumped it! Treat them well and love them and they don't want to let you go haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts