2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VW T4 Caravelle Petrol 7-Seater 2.5L 1999
212,000 Miles.
Full Service History.
7-Seater.
The van needs work.
MOT until August 2020.

We are looking for £1500 ono. I am based in Leeds. Any questions or enquiries please send a message. More pictures available.

Overview
With a heavy heart, I have to say goodbye to our 1999 VW T4 Caravelle in blue.
This van needs work and my partner and I need to buy a car that she can get insured on (she is a newly qualified driver) so it doesn’t make sense for us to invest in the van.
We have owned our van for three years. There were two former keepers before we bought the van. We bought the van with 189,000 miles on the clock. We have used it for camping all over the UK. It now has 212,000 miles on the clock.
The previous owner was a bus driver who added most of the van’s miles. He used the van for commuting along main roads.
I am no expert but I am passing on all the details as honestly as I can.

Upsides
The van has a full service history, original logbook and receipts for work carried out over its life.
Always starts.
The van’s interior is in very good condition considering its age. It has two chairs in the front, two chairs behind, and a three-seater bench in the back. All the rear seats fold flat.
I had the gearbox linkages cleaned last year and the gearbox works smoothly.
I replaced the rear exhaust last year.
I had the belts changed when I bought the van.
Two new tyres last year.

Downsides
The van is lower on power than it used to be. Our mechanic believes one of the engine fuel injectors is probably blocked. This means one of the cylinders is not firing.
The front exhaust box needs replacing. It cracked open along the seam - for the time being I have repaired it with a self-repair exhaust bandage kit.
The driver’s side door lock is partly broken on the outside. I just lock it internally.
The rear wiper is broken.
There’s a large mark on one side panel where the van was keyed.
The van is due for a service / oil change.
There are the usual rust spots on an old T4. There is a small amount of rust on the wheel arches, petrol cap, and along the bottom seam. I put rust treatment on these last year and sprayed over the edges - it didn’t last long and you can see it again now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts