VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VW TRANSPORTER T4 1000 LWB 2.0 PETROL AND LPG

I’ve had the vehicle for just over one year, in that time, I’ve had the following done:

1. Replaced coil mounting bracket and coil unit (11/18)
2. Replaced vacuum pipes (11/18)
3. Full service (11/2018)
4. Replaced all four tyres (08/19)
5. Removed all wooden panels, fitted 6 tinted windows (11/18)
6. Added soundproof lining to the roof, fitted ceiling panels and LED lights (12/18)
7. Reverse sensor fitted ( works intermittently)
Other Work Done:
1. Cambelt , Water pump inc gasket replaced (04/17)
2. Front brake pads replaced (04/17)
3. New genuine VW Full Exhaust fitted (05/18)

M.O.T UNTIL: 17th FEBRUARY 2020 MILEAGE: 154, 000 ( WILL GO UP, AS STILL IN USE)

Comes with VW Black Bonnet Bra, Chrome side mirror covers, chrome wheel arch covers, original cassette / radio player / leather steering wheel cover, T4 has full Electric towbar, T4 drives superb, test drives welcome, recently drove to Wales and back, with no issues.

T4 has deadlocks fitted to the back and side sliding door. extra security. Mercedes Alloys, all in good condition.

STAG LPG SYSTEM WAS FITTED ON 02/2019, AT A COST OF £900. THIS COMES WITH A TWO YEAR WARRANTY AND REGISTERED ON THE UK LPG WEBSITE AND DATABASE. THE TANK IS A 60 LITRE DONUT TANKS THAT HAS BEEN FITTED UNDER THE VEHICLE IN PLACE OF THE SPARE WHEEL.
LPG ALLOWS ME TO FILL THE WHOLE TANK FOR £30, WHICH RETURNS 230 MILES IN CITY DRIVING AND 280 MILES ON MOTORWAY DRIVING. WHICH PAYS FOR ITSELF.

I purchased the carpet lining to line the back of the van, with all the adhesive in dark grey, this will come with the vehicle. I have also purchased the ply lining for the lining ( already cut to size), this will be included in the sale. The rear has all been insulated and is ready to be carpeted.

Currently, there is a leather 2 seater seat ( not bolted down) and a temporary sofa in the back.

The vehicle is ready for the new owner to design and customise to their taste. All the hard work has been done.

Unlike many T4s of this age, there is no rust under the body or on the arches, the side sills are solid. bodywise, there are the odd dings, the biggest one being described below.
OCTOBER 23RD 2019 – UNFORTUNATELY ANOTHER VEHICLE SCRAPED THE NEARSIDE ( PASSENGER SIDE) OF THE VEHICLE, CAUSING A LITTLE DENT ON THE SLIDING DOOR, AS CAN BE SEEN IN ONE OF THE PHOTOS) – THIS ISN’T A MAJOR DENT AND HAS NO WAY AFFECTED THE DRIVE OF THE VEHICLE, OR EVEN THE SLIDING DOOR, IT WAS A NON-FAULT CLAIM AND THE INSURANCE PUT IT UNDER CATEGORY (N) – NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE, WHICH MEANS IT’S FINE TO DRIVE AS IT IS.
ISSUES OR CONCERNS: AS WITH ALL MY LISTINGS, I LIKE TO BE HONEST, SAVING EVERYONE's TIME AND IN RETURN I ASK YOU TO BE CONSIDERATE.
VEHICLE IS 20 YEARS OLD, I HAVE OBSERVED THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:
• The vehicle has a minor idle revving problem, which seems to be a common occurrence with Transporters. This doesn’t affect the drive of the vehicle, but can be an annoyance, but only happens rarely, say once a week. I’ve had this looked at by three mechanics and had pipes cleaned out, idle module cleaned out, the LPG re-mapped, temperature sensors replaced, even though it’s definitely better, the problem hasn’t gone away totally, I mention it in the spirit of being honest. You wouldn’t even hear it on a test drive. All mechanics have made it clear that it doesn’t affect the engine or pose a threat.
• The blowers above the dash aren’t blowing air
• The passenger side front door only opens from the inside
COULD REALLY DO WITH A POLISH :)

Viewing welcome - Birmingham B23 Area - 07789 515 746

more pics: https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=66961 [ALBUM: LPG RED BUG 1999 T4]

Sensible Offers welcome ~ £2850

1 - 2 of 2 Posts