VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering .... If your bus is a certain "cool" colour, are you more inclined to do custom stuff compared to others?

I was expecting to do all kinds of stuff to my van (like I've done to previous cars) but my T4 (Doris) is that sort of "teal green" and I am thinking that is not a colour that lends itself to a slammed look, or loads of bling like maybe a Black ride would do so. It is more the Flower Power type colour and already has been talk off adding vinyl flowers :eek: :D
As it happens, that is suiting me, as I go looking for things to do, I am stepping back as thinking it will not suit old Doris, so am am saving some cash.

(Just in case anyone thinks I am preaching about mods, and inappropriate changes, not at all, just a light-hearted observation and discussion point H: )

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,520 Posts
I would tend to agree with that.

It's personal opinion really, but I think a black Ferrari doesn't look right :* as you expect them to be red, like a bright orange Jaguar
wouldn't work :eek: it would look out of place, but in British Racing Green, they look superb.
Same applies here, like you say, the slammed look, maybe not :*

But in green ..... the offroad theme would work. For the interior, I would go natural colours, browns, tan and so forth.
It's always a good idea to have a theme I think. Custom cars and hot rodders always have a them. Then there's the actual shape of the vehicle to consider, I think it would be very difficult to come up with something unusual and different that works well, as most have been done before.

You could try playing around with Photoshop, see what you came up with.

TURK

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turk, you mention the off-road look may suit .... Spot on I reckon, and I have been looking around to see if I can find any bargains for A/T Tyres :) gives that nice chunky look T:

I did fancy a cow-print theme for inside, but not sure if would work with green, so thinking more earthy ...

And just to also disagree with you totally, I reckon Black is the BEST colour for a Ferrari Rasp:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts