VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps, just thought i'd pop in and say hi to ya'll. Here are some pics of my new t4, that i've aquired for a nice small amount of cash. Absolute bargain, and i love it.

Just gotta fix it before i can use it, ha ha

1996 1.9TD
Taxed and Tested
Head Gaskets gone and Head is pooped.
Van is mega tidy though.

(these pics were taken after about 5 hours of cleaning her up :) )

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same here, i got a head sorted now, jsut gotta buy the rest of the bits n bobs from brickworx.

Dont suppose any1 knows if i can fit a GTD pump on, instead of the EGR standard one? Surely this would up power and economy? if so, is it easy to do?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's a n update.........

im getting there......have now got a brand new replacement head, so gotta build that up now with ma injectors etc.

Im also on the hunt for an AAZ pump, so i can use boost enrichment etc instead of the EGR.

Also, i've compiled a list of bits to buy from brickworks shop, just waiting for baxter to get back to me with a discounted price (hopefully). then i'll have everything i need!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi fella & welcome. Looks like you have got a good base. One suggestion, tackle any rust on the wheel arches pronto, it's a real bugger if it really get's hold, particualrly on the rear edge of the fronts.
Enjoy

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
same here, i got a head sorted now, jsut gotta buy the rest of the bits n bobs from brickworx.

Dont suppose any1 knows if i can fit a GTD pump on, instead of the EGR standard one? Surely this would up power and economy? if so, is it easy to do?
Check out the Project Power threads in the Technical bit of the Engine section on here - Everything you will need. Good Luck, and welcome to the forum. Van looks very straight.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers for reply's peeps.....the plan is to look after the van, sort out any issues, then get her painted again anyway, as its a work truck "for now" but a camper in the future :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's a few more pics of my t4, finally got all the parts, and she's going back together.....

And a couple more of her, now she's back together,and has a couple of hundered miles under her belt.......

comments welcome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts