VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls

Im in the process of having my abused van done up(no thanks to my other half lol) and have now had all the engine work done so shes running sweet. I had the suspension done too and had gaz adjustables with these springs and plates.

http://www.t4srus.co.uk/vw-t4--10mm-t4s-r-us-rear-lowering-plates-t4lp-93-p.asp
http://www.t4srus.co.uk/vw-t4-50mm-t4s-r-us-mediumheavy-duty-lowering-springs-t450s-327-p.asp

Does anyone know why the hell its sitting so dam high? Im getting a bit disheartened with it now cause i feel im taking 1 step forward and 2 back lol.

Have attached a couple of pics for you, I know the paintwork etc is looking a bit worse for wear but thats next on my list...;)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Deb

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Those are HD springs aren't they? Do you have anything in the back at the mo? You might think that's sitting high, but you should see mine with stock springs LOL:

Someone will be along shortly to give a more educated opinion. We have a T4/T5 forum meet in berinsfield this weekend - there's a couple of people who come down from Bicester - you'd be more than welcome to join us! You could get some advice, see how other people's vans are running/what set ups they have etc. should be over 20 vans this Sunday, so plenty to look at T:

Follow the link in my signature line or PM me for details T:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the quick replies, ill be honest ive drove it about 6 miles since having the suspension done so perhaps im jumping the gun a bit lol. T:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have been wondering about this myself.
About to order some rear springs, At the moment the gap between top of tyre and bottom of wheel arch is 125mm (ish) and I am guessing that the springs are from factory.
So my question is, would a -55mm spring then make the gap 70mm(which still seems a lot to me)???

Bonzey

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I have been wondering about this myself.
About to order some rear springs, At the moment the gap between top of tyre and bottom of wheel arch is 125mm (ish) and I am guessing that the springs are from factory.
So my question is, would a -55mm spring then make the gap 70mm(which still seems a lot to me)???

Bonzey
Depending on the make and quality of the springs there will be a little big of sag. pluss the weight of the van and contents can alter. but in principle yes it would

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
You have to adjust the anti gravity setting, it is set too high and the anti gravity is lifting the vehicle off the earth. This is not a bad thing as it reduces wear on your tyres but as there is less adhesion, you have to take it easy while cornering. I:

I would have come out with the same rubbish even if a bloke asked that question. :D Now where's me coat? Rasp:

Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
You have to adjust the anti gravity setting, it is set too high and the anti gravity is lifting the vehicle off the earth. This is not a bad thing as it reduces wear on your tyres but as there is less adhesion, you have to take it easy while cornering. I:

I would have come out with the same rubbish even if a bloke asked that question. :D Now where's me coat? Rasp:

Cheers, Tony.
Straight in with the science part LOL:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha Hi Carl hows you doing? I was racking my brains thinking who the hell is that lol.

Shes going in the spray shop soon for a full respray. Cant wait to get her looking nice again T:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Haha Hi Carl hows you doing? I was racking my brains thinking who the hell is that lol.

Shes going in the spray shop soon for a full respray. Cant wait to get her looking nice again T:
I know we've said it before Deb's but we must make the effort to get across, sure you can appreciate it's a mad house here. Some twwatt parked across the drive tonight & I tried squeezing on & ted the front wing on the Velle!

SorryI:
Have you loaded the van with both of your toys yet to see how it sits?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts