VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Family holiday beckons, camping in europe starting 17th August. So a month ago I start ringing round, who will sell me some seats (think of me singing in the style of mary poppins at this point) after countless calls to much mentioned firms l I am still no nearer to actually getting a date (and in one case even a price) for a set of seats. Now I appreciate these guys are busy at this time of year but a date and a price so I can place my order is all I want. Best offer I have now is "we'll fit em if you can find em" so have posted a thread elsewhere in this regard, Meanwhile in desparation I turn to ebay and find these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-VW-T5-TRANSPORTER-5-6-SEAT-COMBI-CONVERSION_W0QQitemZ120428199135QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0a147cdf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1689%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A5%7C294%3A50

what I don't know is are they any good? At this point I know we all need to tread carefully but a good messages welcome here and PM messages of warning welcome if due.

Otherwise any ideas where else I might go. I am in Cambridgeshire but willing to travel.

I need a proper certificate of fitment to give me some comfort my kids and I are safe and Brentacre will be satisfied.

PS first person to give me the answer gets a beer on me at the Beaulieu meet.

Thanks for your help,

Ian

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
does tony at stlyeline not supply seats aswell ??? i see you posted on a thread earlier where someone was thinking of removing theres,if these are available then great,any garage which is a motor engineers can fit these for you and then issue you with a written report for your insurance

someone on here bought t4 captains seats recently from a camper conversion firm??maybe one of these firms may have t5 seats lying around???worth an ask T:

ps i neither drink nor am i going to beaullie-but i do take paypal H:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi Ian,

I've done mine with Action Van near Portsmouth / Southampton area (maybe a long journey, but you could always try them)
Seats are on a rail and system and removable, the fitting system is from "Unwin" (which are mainly known for wheel chair system). In both cases they are serious people, Unwin may have agent or fitter closer to you, you never know.
Hope it help good luck.

http://www.actionvan.biz/index.htm
http://www.unwin-safety.com/product108.aspx

Exo

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ian, Dave at Vanworx here, sorry for not tying down a date with you. I have just got back from holiday. We have taken a lot of kombi bookings since i have been away so this may have been an oversight.

We fit for VW Van Centres and Easyjet so we fit to the highest standards and try to be as price competitive as possible. We fit new T5 seats with Reimo reinforcement plates for the seatbelts. We also fit to the exact VW dimensions and reinforce again under the chassis. We always have new and used seats in available to fit and can fit whilst you wait with a free lift and collect from Weymouth.

I'm pretty sure there is a post or review of the T5 centre on here or might be on Google and is probably worth a read.

I'll be in touch Dave

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ian I have just checked through our emails and can't find your enquiry. Please can you either ring the workshop 01305 775866 or drop me an email at [email protected] and I will come straight back to you. Cheers :ILU:

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for their replies including Dave, have amended my top thread to protect the innocent as they say.

Dave have sent you a PM with my number. Will also try calling in the morning

Regards,

ITB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Jubilee Automotive Group in Wednesbury, Birmingham can supply and fit seats. They adapt vehicles into wheelchair accessible vehilces and have the seats left over. They are not cheap, but they do fit as well, and they are not easy to fit. I paid £995 for a 2 & 1 seats from a shuttle SE, belts fitted and fitting certificate for insurance etc. Fabulous company to deal with. I found them on ebay, but they use this just to advertise really. The contact is Mike Holland, a top man.

Ps, they also have the odd passenger seats etc, that I was lucky enough to get in exchange for my double seat plus £250. Bargain I think, as it's new, captin arms etc.

Good Luck

Stephen

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Stephen,

thank you for your advice, it may have tken two round trips including a train and a VFR800 but herewith seats newly fitted/covered this week.

and

Look great and are very comfortable.T:

only, carpet, flooring, electrics, alloys and respray to go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts