VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Family holiday beckons, camping in europe starting 17th August. So a month ago I start ringing round, who will sell me some seats (think of me singing in the style of mary poppins at this point) after countless calls to much mentioned firms l I am still no nearer to actually getting a date (and in one case even a price) for a set of seats. Now I appreciate these guys are busy at this time of year but a date and a price so I can place my order is all I want. Best offer I have now is "we'll fit em if you can find em" so have posted a thread elsewhere in this regard, Meanwhile in desparation I turn to ebay and find these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-VW-T5-TRANSPORTER-5-6-SEAT-COMBI-CONVERSION_W0QQitemZ120428199135QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0a147cdf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1689%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A5%7C294%3A50

what I don't know is are they any good? At this point I know we all need to tread carefully but a good messages welcome here and PM messages of warning welcome if due.

Otherwise any ideas where else I might go. I am in Cambridgeshire but willing to travel.

I need a proper certificate of fitment to give me some comfort my kids and I are safe and Brentacre will be satisfied.

PS first person to give me the answer gets a beer on me at the Beaulieu meet.

Thanks for your help,

Ian

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for their replies including Dave, have amended my top thread to protect the innocent as they say.

Dave have sent you a PM with my number. Will also try calling in the morning

Regards,

ITB

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Stephen,

thank you for your advice, it may have tken two round trips including a train and a VFR800 but herewith seats newly fitted/covered this week.

and

Look great and are very comfortable.T:

only, carpet, flooring, electrics, alloys and respray to go

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.