VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a rubbish day but at least im home and safe with my family.

Today i got stuck in one hell of a traffic jam on the A303 at Winterborne Stoke and yes like everyone else i cursed the hold up and yes i was fed up because it made me late :(

But when i got to the front of the jam i asked the policeman whats the hold up and how long will the road be shut he told me its a fatal mate so it will be a while and advised me of another route which i couldnt take because my lorry was loaded with approx £750,000 of mercedes benz cars which made it 75ft long and 15ft 5in high

I had to turn around go back the way i came and boy was i fed up and i cursed some more but then i thought

Someone is not going home to their family or even worse it could be a family that is no longer with us and all of a sudden i felt bad :(

so why do i tell you this you ask ? its because i want you all to be safe on the road and lets face it is it worth taking risks with life or death chances when driving :*

Do you know i really felt sorry for the helpful policeman who helped me with directions whilst thinking of his fellow officers who were on the scene trying to help the doctor who went past me at warp factor 10 who was trying to save lifes whilst the fire brigade cut people out of the wreckage

i know nothing of the accident and i dont know the people involved but i do know im proud of our emergency services who do a professional job and im not ashamed to say todays experience upset me

i urge you to stay patient on the road and no matter what please drive safely

·
Registered
451 Posts
I agree. Everyone is young once and the thrill of driving fast is great(i'm not suggesting that's what happened in this case!) But after getting older and having family to come home to....it makes you realise life's too short. I've had contact with families as a result of what has happened today. Not nice.
You see more of the world if you pass it slowly.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I agree. Everyone is young once and the thrill of driving fast is great(i'm not suggesting that's what happened in this case!) But after getting older and having family to come home to....it makes you realise life's too short. I've had contact with families as a result of what has happened today. Not nice.
You see more of the world if you pass it slowly.
Can I clarify contact with families as a result of SIMILAR incidents as today.Sorry

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Do you know i really felt sorry for the helpful policeman who helped me with directions whilst thinking of his fellow officers who were on the scene trying to help the doctor who went past me at warp factor 10 who was trying to save lifes whilst the fire brigade cut people out of the wreckage

i know nothing of the accident and i dont know the people involved but i do know im proud of our emergency services who do a professional job and im not ashamed to say todays experience upset me

i urge you to stay patient on the road and no matter what please drive safely
A very good point, very well made. We dont tell our services enough how good they are. We also dont pay them enough for the nasy horriable things they have to do. Like cleaning up someone elses mistakes. So to anyone reading this, please PLEASE stay safe. T:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Its bad at any time of year, but always seems worse at this time of year

I will never forget sitting with a 10 year old girl while her mother died as a result of jumping off a multistory carpark on Decemeber 23rd 2004- I think of that every year and count my blessings

·
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hope i havent upset everyone but i really do want everyone to be safe with what they are up to on the road T:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Love Christmas, but can also hate Christmas sometimes.

By 8.30 in the morning one Christmas Day Shift there had been:-

1 x Cot Death

1 x Sudden Death

1 x Murder

Just make the most of what you've got, and stay safe out there.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Having lost someone very close in a RTA more than 20 years ago it is something I would not wish on a single living person. It baffles me still how some people drive on the uk roads; just a matter of time for some. No risk is worth it.

Stay safe everyone and have a great Christmas *<:)>

·
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Having lost someone very close in a RTA more than 20 years ago it is something I would not wish on a single living person. It baffles me still how some people drive on the uk roads; just a matter of time for some. No risk is worth it.

Stay safe everyone and have a great Christmas *<:)>
safe and happy Christmas to you as well mate T:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
fuel tanker and 2 cars apparently, 1 amby was in a collision with a car on the way, according to salisbury journal...

being a trucker myself, u see all sorts of stuff on the roads, all the time, there are some proper muppets out there (not that im saying thats what happened here)

Like u said FY, at least u got home

merry xmas peeps, stay safe

carl

·
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fuel tanker and 2 cars apparently, 1 amby was in a collision with a car on the way, according to salisbury journal...

being a trucker myself, u see all sorts of stuff on the roads, all the time, there are some proper muppets out there (not that im saying thats what happened here)

Like u said FY, at least u got home

merry xmas peeps, stay safe

carl
Truck on steady mate Ignore the muppets and be a knight of the road A:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts