VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped to beach buggin in southsea the other wkend at it was a top day. Couldnt of had better weather and the vdubs there were brilliant.

While I was there I picked up a snowboard for £5, thought about making it into a shelf or something. Then had second thoughts as knew the misses wouldnt be to happy so up came another idea. After a few issues fitting decking lights into the ceiling thought id use the snowboard.

After another trip to BnQ for some MDF, more black spray, blue decking lights and some timber battern. I was already to use up my friday.

In the van.

Cant wait to get some ceiling covering (and carpet for the sides) as will make the blue come up better and also hide the ceiling that ive bodged while trying a few things with decking lights. Finally happy with where they are T:

All I need now is donations of stickers to sticker bomb the board. Already ordered 6 to pop on there and the back of the van. Might get some photos printed onto some sticker paper n use them

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Pretty cool and creative idea there mate. You've just given me an idea for mine now as I've been thinking about putting some lights in the ceiling. Cheers.T:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Smart idea,different and very effective. I like the way the light spreads out from the top too.
Way ta go dude.A:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I frickin' love what you've done and I'm gonna blatently steal the idea, with a few of my own tweaks, possibly with a maple longboard.
Top marks to ya.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice idea and looks good! I have a few old boards knocking about but I think I'll blunt the edges before I pit it up as you could slice the top of your head off a la Silence Of The Lambs if you're not careful! Claret...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts