VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my recent ebay purchase has raised some questions and eyebrows I thought I'd do a little build thread on it.
After being picked up from Cambridge by T4 Tom (cheers mateT:) it made it's way down to T4Fest at Beaulieu, where it was carried from one end of the site to the other on four peoples shoulders, from Toms van to mine, what a sight LOL:.

It's now sitting in my (untidy) shed as Mrs Maude won't have it in the houseI:.

The idea is to build a trailer for my camping gear to save keep loading the van up every time we go away, leave all the gear in it and just hitch it up when we're off.

Went for a run down to Redruth today to pick up the next ebay bargain for the project.
I picked up a pair of BMW alloys that someone had used on a harley trike for a very short space of time, the wheels and tyres are like new (235/60R15) complete with a nice pair of mud gaurds.
Wheels, centre caps, tyres and mudguards all for fifty quid, that'll do me T:.

Wheel

Mudgaurd

Mudguard just sat on tyre to show how they look, obviously better when fixed properly.

Look at all that luurvely tread, last forever on a trailer

The centre of the wheels will more than likely be black with a silver lip to match the van wheels, and the coffin will be black
Not sure about the white lettering yet but I can just spin the tyres around if I don't like it, time will tell.

Thats all for a minute, just collecting parts at the mo, I'll update when I've more stuff or start building the frame T:.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Bit macabe init! Make a nice cosy bed though and the sunlight wont wake you in the morningA:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think it would make a great table :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Maybe it's something to do with insurance and his driving?

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
put an inflatabe dummy in it just now with a string attatched to the lid-that way the thief who breaks in to your shed will s:*t himself when he opens it up and the dummy sits up :eek:LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Posties been again, nothing majorly exciting but it all adds to the overall look.

£10 for six coffin handles from Coffins'R'us (caskets for the discerning corpse)..... alright, it was ebay again but I gotta liven it up somehow.

As soon as I've found some Beemer hubs that are suitable then the frame build starts,

I'm dead excited ............ get it, dead excited ............. dead excited ....................... never mind I: :D.

I'm trying to decide on rear lights at the mo, not sure wether it's going bike or hotrod route yet, depends on what turns up, back to ebay again then I 'spose T:.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I know after carrying it across thatfield its gonna be a heavy trailer!! thank god the coffin was empty....

so any pics of the coffin dodgers trip!!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know after carrying it across thatfield its gonna be a heavy trailer!! thank god the coffin was empty....

so any pics of the coffin dodgers trip!!

I'm hoping it'll tow nicely with a little bit of weight to it, little ones seem to skip and bounce over every bump.

I haven't got any piccies of it at Beaulieu, you lot crept up while I was busy drinking.
Flipper was the man with the camera but I don't think he could point it straight :D.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who dragged up this thread?

Um, this project is on the back burner at the mo as I'm doing my teardrop, BUT it will continue later in the year, even if I don't really need the trailer now as I also don't really need a coffin in my shed I:

After T4 Toms massive help I'd feel too guilty not to finish it. T:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hows the teardrop coming on ?:ILU::ILU::cool:
Due to bad weather I've spent one whole day on it since those other pictures :eek:.

Meant to be ok tomorrow but I'm helping my dad out with something in the morning but should get to it after dinner, and Sundays going to rain apparently, so not good.
I'm praying easter weekend is dry, four whole days hopefully. Lobbs is pretty close and I'm starting to worry :D.
It's not the end of the world if it's not useable but it would be nice if it was. T:

·
Registered
406 Posts
hahaha fantastic mate thats really going to turn some heads, if you do turn it into a trailer it needs a hand sticking out lol, your going to get some funny looks on the motorway with it lol

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
love it i see all sorts at goth weekend get it to whitby
great idear carnt wait to see it finished

1 - 20 of 25 Posts