VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a t4 2.5 petrol westfalia camper and will be converting to LPG ,but do not want to travel without the spare wheel .i do not want to lose any inside space as i use it a lot for camping.
any suggestions where i can hang the wheel underneath .
anyone used a bike carrier on the back door to carry it , weight ??
no space above as it has a poptop.
Iwould appreciate any suggestions
thanks
bob

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm in the same boat, had to carry my spare inside for the last 4 years, what I'd really like is a carrier I could mount on the towbar.

·
Registered
121 Posts
had the same prob. when I fitted 16" Audi alloys with 215-65-16 would not fit under the van so I fitted a land rover discovery carrier to my solid back door reinforced on the inside, had to weld the studs from the back of the carrier and used porsche lockers to keep it there , jobs a goodun.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine has no rear door/doors so a normal wheel carrier can't be used.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I drove past a van this morning with a wheel on the back... looked quite cool

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
had the same prob. when I fitted 16" Audi alloys with 215-65-16 would not fit under the van so I fitted a land rover discovery carrier to my solid back door reinforced on the inside, had to weld the studs from the back of the carrier and used porsche lockers to keep it there , jobs a goodun.
Just because you run alloys the spare can be the origonal steelie...in fact i wouldn't want to mount an alloy under the van in all the road salt grime that gets chucked up..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not much cop when your stranded in the middle of Spain with a 10cm lump out of ya tyre! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts