VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me if a "front suspension leg/strut" is classed as a mechanical component?
I have a problem with the wifes car and the main dealer says this part is not covered by the warranty (or happiness guarantee) as they call it.
Any idea?
Thanks Rob.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I had a similar problem with a front caliper. They claimed only mechanical parts were included. I said you can be any more mechanical than a caliper that is supposed to open and close!! I would argue that a piece of the steering that allows a veichle to go around corners is mechanical. Im sure if you stay polite and take it higher you will get your way this once.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Errr it may be a little late for being polite as I spoke to the service manager today and lost me rag as they have been ignoring our calls, saying they would ring to let us know etc
all she said that the computers were down all week, oh does that mean you couldn't give us a phone call aaaarh!:*

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dealer warranties are normally about as much use as chocolate teapot, everyone wants to be your best friend when it comes to sales and servicing (i.e making money) anything that costs them money is normaly a fight.
Only advice i can give is to read the warranty doc's carefully to see what is covered and what's not, but most won't cover 'wearing parts' (which is just about anything that moves on cars) If you are unsure, just talk to the dealer face to face (calmly), explain the situation and ask them to show you the warranty terms and conditions and go to a higher level if need be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts