VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Have been told that a certain Building contractors in Taunton (Didn't know if I was allowed to name them but anybody local will know) have gone into administration owing me 18 grand. Ive now got to sell my T4's and my people carrier just to get some money together. They went down owing millions and have been told by the administrators that it was looking like any unsecured debts probably wouldn't be settled as there would be no money left. This company had me working for them right up to the last minute promising me that things were on the up.

They must have known for quite a while so how do they sleep at night.

Rant over

Cheers

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
mate that is bad for you they must of known ,they sleep bacause they dont care about anyone else they just cover themselfs before it happens :ILU::ILU::cool:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
sorry to hear whats happened to you mate . i had a couple of builders go down on me this year total 50ish'grand :( . so im feeling for you .
you just goto get your head down and hope you can work your way out of it .
you might see a couple of pence in the pound back if your lucky , or if your even luckier the directors will get arrested for fraud as in our case !!
better things to come in the new year for us all i believe :ILU:
i know what ive said wont make it feel any better but your not on your own

kieran

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
feel for you buddy, been there myself in the last recession when i was a chippy on site.
Hang in thereT:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had a couple of builders go down on me this year
Still got my sense of humour!!! LOL:

Still got my kids, home and wife so life's not so bad. as one door closes another one opens as they say.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got bad experience of this too. Don't talk to me about Adminstrators. They always get their fees paid - everyone else is screwed. All the debts are ditched and then it gets bought for a pittance and carries on as if nothing happened.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If the Group or Homes companies owes you money your still good to get it. It's only the Construct company thats in admin.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got bad experience of this too. Don't talk to me about Adminstrators. They always get their fees paid - everyone else is screwed. All the debts are ditched and then it gets bought for a pittance and carries on as if nothing happened.
Shouldn't be allowed should it. :confused::confused:

That's the law makers for ya!!I:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be fair it was the american bankers lending to people who can't afford to pay it back that started it. I think that this was just bad management. Not defending the bankers and yes it seems tight that everything is rosey for them when the government pumped billions of pounds of our money into the banking industry.

TIME TO PAY IT BACK ME THINKS!!!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Sorry to here this news T4chippy. I work on site as a sparky and when I heard that news, it did make me wonder how many people it would effect. As a small company also from Taunton, I think the amount that you are owed would have probably taken us out of the game so if you can ride this out, you are doing very well.

At the minute we sub to a contractor for the site work so if anything happend to the builder, we would only loose out on labour costs. But the builder wants us to go direct which would give us an opportunity to grow. Its a tough one to call as if a situation occurs like yours, it would effect us a lot more.

Hope things work out for you T:
ps nice to see a chippy with a sense of humour. ;)I:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts