VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

What have you all done in the backs of the vans. Dynamat??? Fatmat?? Insulation or other???

Have a kombi and gonna get the back carpetted, but wondering what's good to install prior to this???

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi

We sell insulation and insulation and soundproofing kits. We sell the Thermal Double Foil bubblewrap rolls which are 10 metres long by 50cms wide and these cost £15 per roll. We also sell soundproofing insulation rolls which are 12 meters long by 40 cms and cost £20 per roll and can be delivered to anywhere in the UK. Our insulation and soundproofing kits include 4 rolls of thermal double foil bubblewrap insulation, 2 rolls of soundproofing insulation, 4 cans of high temperature spray adhesive, 1 roll of foil tape and fitting instructions and cost £125 delivered .

Steven
Westcountry Campervans
Redruth
Cornwall
www.westcountrycampervans.co.uk

Insulation, soundproofing, ply lining, vinyl floors, carpeting, windows, Cannon's Forge rock n roll beds, campervan conversions and much more!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Dan, I have used Dynamat for roof and floor, and Dynamat superlite for side panels (u can get some good deals if you shop around). Not the cheapest option but really pleased with result.

On top of that I put 10mm polystyrene sheet, and then finished off with the double sided foil bubble insulation u get on a roll (2 layers). This was in a splitscreen panelvan. So U may not need to double up in a T5.

and finally the board panels.

The kit Westcountry Campervans sell looks like good value. What is the soundproofing insulation roll ? any pics? what is the material?

Good luck with soundproofing. let us know what u decide on, as I will be doing our T5 soon.

·
Registered
435 Posts
ive done what most have done flash banding, kingspan boards and then silver bubble wrap boarded makes loads of difference

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Dan, I have used Dynamat for roof and floor, and Dynamat superlite for side panels (u can get some good deals if you shop around). Not the cheapest option but really pleased with result.

On top of that I put 10mm polystyrene sheet, and then finished off with the double sided foil bubble insulation u get on a roll (2 layers). This was in a splitscreen panelvan. So U may not need to double up in a T5.

and finally the board panels.

The kit Westcountry Campervans sell looks like good value. What is the soundproofing insulation roll ? any pics? what is the material?

Good luck with soundproofing. let us know what u decide on, as I will be doing our T5 soon.
Hi

We have pictures of the soundproofing material and kits on our website in the Blog section. If anyone has any other questions then we are only a phone call/email/PM away T:

Steven
Westcountry Campervans
Redruth
Cornwall

Hi

We sell insulation and insulation and soundproofing kits. We sell the Thermal Double Foil bubblewrap rolls which are 10 metres long by 50cms wide and these cost £15 per roll. We also sell soundproofing insulation rolls which are 12 meters long by 40 cms and cost £20 per roll and can be delivered to anywhere in the UK. Our insulation and soundproofing kits include 4 rolls of thermal double foil bubblewrap insulation, 2 rolls of soundproofing insulation, 4 cans of high temperature spray adhesive, 1 roll of foil tape and fitting instructions and cost £130 delivered .

Steven
Westcountry Campervans
Redruth
Cornwall

Insulation, soundproofing, ply lining, vinyl floors, carpeting, windows, Cannon's Forge rock n roll beds, campervan conversions and much more!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the input, have ordered 2 bulk packs of dynamat extreme. Will then take a run down to westcountry campers (as its about 8miles away) and get some insulation!! Then boards and carpet!!

Will get pics and post results too!!

Cheers
Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts