VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after reading lots of threads on the subject i finally bit the bullet and went for it!
I picked my T5 Kombi up from salop vans in shrewsbury then went to classic acoustics in telford to pick up some sound proofing rubber and foam. I had previously called paul from classic acoustics and went through the products that would work the best (nice bloke and very accommodating as it was a saturday when i went) picked up 4 sheets of the adhesive backed polymeric AG barrier and a few sheets of 25mm foam which they stuck a couple together to make a couple of 50mm sheets, so armed with my goodies i set of back to derbyshire to get busy over the bank holiday weekend.
I was going to add a few images but can't seem to find how to, so i'll have a look around and post em later.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

has it was

stripped out, as if you don't know what it looks like but i took a pic so i'm sharing it with you!

Adhesive backed Polymeric barrier, did one wheel arch in 2 pieces went on easy so did the next one in one piece with the aid of a heatgun.

not forgetting the roof.

more sound proofing foam.

Then started lining wheel arches with the mega stretch lining in one piece can't believe how easy it is to work with.

I did the roof in silver, just got roof trims back on now my clips have arrived this morning. More pics to follow

·
Registered
22 Posts
looking good mate, got the same stuff from paul so start doing it tomo. have you found the road noticed the road noise is quitter?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes mate the sound deadening is quite significant. Iv'e got a sprinter and you can hardly here the person next to you at erm.... 70mph in the T5 doing the same ermmm speed is more like a car and i expect it to be better once i pull up the ply floor and put some 10mm sound proofing stuff that i got from Paul, then finish it of with some acoustic vinyl flooring i got coming this next week so it will be more like a recording studio.T:

·
Registered
139 Posts
looking great , please keep posting the pics as its gonna be my next step , i used dynamat on my last t5 but its expensive , could you post a link of the products you used ?, can i get it from ebay ? . cheers and great job so far .

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, here is the address & tel no. Buy it direct from them you won't get it cheaper they make it.
They can deliver as well.
Classic Acoustics
Unit B6A
Halesfield 8
Telford
Shropshire
TF7 4QN

Telephone: 01952 587 360
Fax: 01952 680 102

more pics to follow :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Great thread [email protected]!!A:
I too am in the same position, and dithering about whether to go for Daynamat, Fat Mat, Edead, etc, and which one is beter and so on. Then I read your post...
I called Lee & Paul....
They are a great bunch of guys who took the time to listen to my needs and explain thier product.
Within 4 hours of seeing the this thread, I have the kit in the back of my van (not fitted yet) after visiting them.
Paul showed me around the factory, and advised me of what I would need, and how I should apply it.
The lads, stopped what they were doing and prepared the kit for me.
Overall a great recommendation.
Many ThanksT:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hehe. I meant to post earlier! Ive had the same tour today and have a van load of stuff from Paul!!

Great service and it looks like really good quality stuff. Just having a glass of wine and contemplating starting to fit it, tomorrow morning

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've been fitting my acoustic barrier which I picked up from Classic acoustics when I was in the area for work. Went on really well and the two sheets I bought seems to be enough for most the van. Can't wait to see what difference it makes to road noise T:

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great news torvil, that's the beauty of this site. I was going to go and get some flash tape and cover everything but reading on i decided the better option is the route we've taken without a shadow of doubt. I've just started the floor, i wanted to get some of the black rubber with the raised circles but it only comes 1 & 1.2 mtrs wide and i know a lot of people go for altro floor. When i went to classic acoustics i picked up some 10mm soundproofing foam for the floor, the same stuff that's used on the underside when you buy the rubber flooring from vw but i've got some acoustic vinyl still anti slip but i'm hoping for better results in reducing noise while on the road. Will add some pic's later. Don't drink to much wine beagle remember sticky side down :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Good thread guys, certainly giving me a fresh product to think about.
Question, how much product would I need for the roof and side of a caravelle and what sort of cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
I started removing may ply panels and using polymeric barrier from Paul at Classic Acoustics back in mid April, I may have been one of the fist to use him. I can not recommend them or the product highly enough.

For a SWB T5.

I ordered 5 off 2mtrs x 1.2 sheets. I have done nearly 100% covering on floor ,side rear door, side door. I have roof and front doors to do. I have 1 and a half sheets left. The cost was £93 for the five sheets which included £15 pounds delivery. Be aware though that the 5 sheets weighed in at 35 kgs!!!!!!!!
I wish I had gone for 10mm foam sheet for under the floor. Oh well too late now.

Andy

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ill be popping up for a chat /purchase in the week ,if thats ok im not far away ,my van is stripped out bare metal will be needing the dark grey carpet aswell if its available T:

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that's the floor done now.

As you can see the 10mm acoustic foam is not quite wide enough to fit all in one piece but it doesn't really matter when you install your floor-covering on top.

I'm really chuffed to bits with the outcome so thanks to all who posted on here to make my decision the right one, to paul at classic acoustics and Tony at flooring solutions in Alfreton (01773 521341) for the advice on choice of floor (polyflor fx acoustic)and fitting it, fantastic job no ugly silicone used.A:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Had my nephew Pick up my carpet and sound deadning stuff from the guys at telford today ,cheers guys ,will order some foam next week when im ready for it ,cheers for the sample it'll do the job just fine !

1 - 20 of 54 Posts