VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm looking for a bass box with tweaters/mid/bass speakers and amp all in one that I can just lift out of the van into the awning.

Does anybody do these?

Or ideas for something similar would be appreciated.

I'm going to Sziget in Budapest and looking for a decent soundsystem for back at camp.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I contemplated this. For taking out of the van at festivals shows ect.

Id build it. Havnt seen anything like it on sale. You can get boxes for every size speaker, so you could easily get all the boxes together and fashion something together and carpet it/waterproof it, then have something quick release in the van.

Maybe Ill build a prototype one day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could build one myself, I was a chippie once upon a time, but I've just not got the time.

I was hoping to find something I could buy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will try to take pics at the weekend...if ur a chippy,a couple of hours is all it takes.
You're rite! It's the electrical/wiring side of things I'm not to sure about.

Can I wire all the speakers into the amp? If this is the case I would then only need to run cable from the box attached to the leisure battery(whatever it's called!)?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Buy one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00D42A8J4?pc_redir=1405419032&robot_redir=1

Sounds amazing, way way better than something that size should. I'm using mine on the dash of the t4 until I change the headunit/speakers.

Re wiring, no reason you can't run it all off an amp, as long as it has enough channells. I would probably put a £50 head unit in, pair of componts or 6x9s run off the head unit and then a sub run off an amp. Use headunit for volume control, USB/aux, etc. speakers need to be boxed seperately or the sub will damage the components.

Someone on talkaudio is selling a genesis profile sub amp for £85, 500w rms gives you silly levels of bass.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I use a set of computer speakers from JBL... think they are called creature or somethign or other but basically has a little domed thing for the bass speaker and 2 tweeters. Sounds awesome. Wont compete with big dj set ups but is still lots better than your average home set up and shockingly brilliant for computer speakers. And small and discreet too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts