VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
Pete thanks real kind really really kind..........mum told me the nature stuff was in me before I could walk, i'd crawl to a french door type wiindow and she would lie beside me trying to work out what had me entranced and there was always sommit a mouse a bird a beastie .......... I guess that's how I bumble into stuff, probably being doing it over half a century, the hows are not totally concious but i've learnt to trust my guts. It seems bonkers to say I can feel a need to be somewhere, and follow that, so many images come from that mate, sounds silly and wishy washy in print. I think it's in all of us bro, but ,we as a collective just don't hear it anymore,as our society drifts away from the natural world we are sort of loosing a skillset that I sort of am hanging on to. ????.............. The other side is all the incredible and amazing image makers that have helped me bro.... they have spent so much time on me mate, if there is anything in my images. a huge credit is owed, a dept to those lads ,and lasses mate, that push me.........I'm like you with leccy in the digi world Pete it's a ruddy knife fight me using photoshop but still they help...it's proper heart warming mate they have astounding ability and they help a scumbag like me.

Hmm see life is like this mate as much as anything throws ya like leccy for you, or me an post processing images or writing ( Eng lang stuffs me bro)............ if ya keep coming back at it over and over, maybe ya wont master it...but ya can learn enough to get by and possibly more. As with our vans mate each of us is different we are all given things we are naturally more gifted at and things we struggle like hell with. The struggles maybe can't be beat in a lifetime, but ya can do a good job of messing with them.

Pete do go and dig some images out of a male sparrow hawk I can't show you one image of my own mate, see if you can find Chris Packem and a bird called "Max".as they get older the orange becomes more dominant,, they live along side us but few really see 'em cause they are so damn fast so damn fast. Their party trick is to hunt a hedge real low the prey then flushes upwards out of the hedge, a flick of the wing and they kill upside down above the hedge....it's all happening under our noses bro we just don't see it anymore

Oh and yes please on the 'eads up sorry for the long posts bro, I guess it's passion and wanting to share all that, stuff

IN IT:ROFLMAO:
Some things are just in built aren't they Stu, you've had a fascination with wildlife from a very early age and spent your years seeking it out and being around it. Living where you do you have great access to the critters, where as many of us are in towns and cities and commute everywhere so we only get fleeting glimpses and never really know what's just behind the hedge. I will admit since seeing your photos and reading your posts, I do tend to be more vigilant and look out for wildlife, although while out yesterday I saw a big ol' bird but was quite far away, other than that saw a bucket load of sheep, cows and crows 😆

I am slowly learning about electrics, I often have to design in led strip lights and other light fittings into my designs at work so need to know how they all go together, will gradually learn more and more and hopefully understand it better.

Will give that a google, do like watching programs with Chris, very interesting viewing and you can feel his enthusiasm as he talks about the subject.
Softly ripped back in to router mode today........not quite sure whether i'l be able to pull this one off , aiming for some curved overhead lockers, but it will be a big ask. Kinda got myself between a rock and a hard place. I'm still slowly varnishing a couple of bits as being dog ruff allows building the coats The only other thing I was really going to do bar the lockers for the mo is buiild a sort of little plinth. . This plinth thingy as I call it sits between the window on the drivers side and the back of my rearmost tall cupboard on top of the work top. It's basically there to house switches 'n' sockets 240 sockets USB cig lighter socket water pump walls control...BMV 712...that type of stuff. The rock'n'hard place is basically the height of it as it will mate up to the overhead lockers and being curved sods i'm a bit at a loss to nab that measurement.

I have already made the curved doors yonks back but was going to put this locker thing off until later, basically so I could finish the build and play camping before the summer ended, But obviously I've missed all that being so ruddy slow. I'm basically hoping to preddy much hang the lockers...build them off a bit of a length of the work top, but that top bit is gonna be a pig to make, I'll double up the WT on the bit that's most visible ,so it will sit a gnat's under the pop top base board, There are all manner of obstacles like the pop hydraulic struts and also the slope of the roof down to where it meets the van sides which all sort of relate to me little leccy plinth. Sp i've set my mind to attacking the oak first if I can sort that then the rest should follow. Seen as I need to graft to grab funds for the lith battery etc to finish the leccy side I may as well may use of the time window and attack said lockers...leastways that's the plan at this time. as always we'll see where it all falls. shame really wanted to play making pics of the build this weekend sort of got over the heat ache of loosing that leveret shoot but never got the time. Have preddy much nailed down what sockets and surrounds we want to use now and hopefully a supplier which has taken an age

Ha I always knew this would be slow

stu
Never say never Stu, anything is possible and the level of craftsmanship already shown I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to achieve what you're planning.

Your plinth sounds like a worktop upstand or back splash (tomarto / tomato), is it going to overhang the bottom line of your side window? The construct must be circa 100mm high if you're having 3 pin sockets, could be lower if you're only installing switches,12v and usb sockets. You're wanting curved overhead lockers, and then the upstand extends up to this, would it help if the lockers had a flat on the underside, depth to match the same as your plinth, would make things much easier and still retain the visual look I think you're going for.

Either way you'll crack it mate (y)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Yeah I think so mate,re built in, but I wouldn't want us all the same bro,I like the fact we are all unique. different skills different mindsets. . If the images have made one lad or lass think and look a little harder at nature Pete, that would be the coolest of cool things for me that's what it's all about really . Pete Kind words dude bloody heartwarming I need to do this stuff mate bumbling about with fluffy or feathered things , but the big picture is making city folks aware how dependent they are on nature, aswell........ it's crucial to all our survival this awareness Yet at the same time so much harder to grasp if it's removed by modern city urban life for example. tough nut to crack bro I have no answers, but sometimes a piccy really does paint a thousand words, Ha leastways that's the goals.

When your are cruising and things are not so hectic road wise, look for almost "orange" ( ok sort of a red brown , but orange grabs the eye more and somehow if ya look for that ya see more) blobs mate,the periphery, the edge of your vision..........this often times is the base of how I spot a hare a deer, a fox that almost everyone else drives past, had to put into words what isn't thought about just is what I've always done.................Sure there iis shed loads more it's getting the simplicity the base stuff, to get someone else started "spotting" i'm trying to get across.

Plinth, nah bro not an upstand already have that..........this is from the worktop right up the van side the height of the window 400/ 500mm ( or thereabouts might be more) on the vert, as a ball park, so it meets the overhead lockers...enough to house maybe 3 rows or sockets on the vert hoping to squeeze in 2set of 2X 240 at the base.... then another row above ( of CBE above that that and another above that ( BMV 712 and wallas control ).soz bro my description is obviously poor my bad .

I need ( read WANT) two set of 240V mate cause one pair will be active off EHU one pair off an inverter for off grid use.......does that make sense? Plinth will be somewhere around 360mm ( open to negotiatation) on horizontal 400-500mm on the vert

So because it is so high on the vertical it bumps into the overhead lockers,so I can't make it without the lockers in place...... because the curved doors make assessing dimensions really hard, I sort of need to make the, lockers to give me the plinth height ....... does that make sense??? I will post pics mate of the backlog when I stop for a mo..........but the plintth I just can't it's in my head not on paper

Might be winning, on hanging appliance for lockers. IE oak.... I can't work for a few days .so I've hammered the oak again today, haven't really got the right tools to make it happen fast so a bit of a knife fight to get there in an unconventional way using the tools I have. I'm kinda in the ball park at close of play today lot's of ( rain)shower dodging but the bit I was worrying on is sort of in hand much to my surprise

bring it on:D

stu

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
Yeah that all makes sense, training your eyes to pic out certain colours that could be wildlife, it is great to see them about, being in the middle of town it's very rare to see anything bar a squirrel or pigeon, although recently both, myself, my brother and dad all have evidence of foxes being about, we're about a mile away from each other and before this year none of us knew they were about. It's either a coincidence or as we've previously discussed, they are getting more and more brave as we (humans) take over more and more of their home land.

You're absolutely right in people need to be aware of the wildlife and try not to disturb it, it's a crying shame but as a kid I used to see hedgehogs all the time, maybe see 1 every few months now. 😔

I'm with you now re the electrical panel, it wasn't your description, I was just thinking horizontally rather than vertical, but yeah that should work well. Would angling it help at all as it ties in with the overhead locker, say the panel was further out into the van at the base and narrower at the top, potentially designing in the flat on the underside of the locker? If there's any angles or details that would help being drawn up, just let me know mate, I can mock it up on my computer and give you some dims to work with for guidance. I'm positive you'll nail it with working it out yourself, but the offers there bud.

Sounds like you're making progress which is good, hope the not being able to work isn't anything serious, and more down to the lovely British weather ☔

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Being not able to work is nowt to worry on bro ,just I'd rather not say the whys here, on grounds of diplomacy, but lets say events out of my control.

Pete I think it's up north( maybe glasgow uni I might be wrong) ,but there is a study being done,it seems that we are starting to see a divergence betwixt rural and urban foxes, different shapes skull sizes etc. Vulpes vulpes ha Charlie our red fox,is the only larger land predator that has not been made extinct on our island. They are sharp and adaptable and outwit us, that's why they are still here bro. Lynx wolf bear all should be part of our ecosystem, old charlie has outdone them all. That ability to not only live alongside us but outwit us is why you will see more and more in towns and cities,it's a thing of loveliness. Pete at one stage I looked after a huge range of birds and at times fox predation had me weeping when they killed all my little kids. But I also adore them for being them, lot's of complex and mixed emotions bro with me and a fox, but yup you and your family see em more because slowly you are cottoning on to what's around you as city folks. you have otters living in cities kingfisher foxes badgers anything that can adapt......do you know a peregrine falcon.(fastest living thing on our planet...........they now breed in towns all over the UK..........chruch spires ahve replaced their natural cliff nest sites feral pigeons replace the blue rocks . DDT flattened them but they are back now,tiis just folks don't see what's under or above their noses.

Plinth yup ya got me probably will be angled but the toe in on the vert might scupper that we'll see. I need the exacts of the depth of the leccy fitting first then will build out form that.

Ok lets get back to trying to build a camper with a few pics which I really shouldn't have stopped and rushed to make but hey.

First up the current knife fight the lockers and a start point of left over oak worktop. which the lockers will be built off, my fixing point to the bus ,if ya like. What you are going to see is the bit you won't look at in the van it's me changing a rectangle to fit right under the pop top bed and I'll add another section to this. Hopefully in time all will become clear

Now if I had a table saw and a nice big ole blade this might be relatively straight forwards, but I don't I've got a workmate a garden buzzing with life and a circular saw and a router ( and some washing covered in saw dust ....shhh already.
I simply haven't time to stop and nab pics of all the stages, but they sort of ran like this
cut longest length poss off WT with circular saw
then decide shape Ii'm going for
cut cardboard template of angle and shape that will butt a mm or 2 below base of pop bed
transfer that shape " end profile" on to the length of WT
rough out with circular saw ( which is not deep enough to make cut
Use trim router to roughly complete said cut

Then we get here and an image. to show you the base of how i'm starting to hone the cut and the fit. It took me ruddy ages to set this,but it's basically a router sled. which takes the line of cut off the bearers it rests on. Then the WT has been angled upwards by as near as dammit to the angle I need , done with some selected supports double sided tape a pallet and bit of ply to give a flat plane for the bearers . Then one gradually drops the routerbit down to get the required depth of cut

A few hours of shedding and I'm sort of here....................

_S2I0767 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

the horizontal flat to the right will have another section of WT added to it and obviously I need to hone all this, just trying to share base steps of how I workaround tools I don't have

_S2I0768 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

that's where i'm at on this close of play today, my hope it this will link into the rearmost cupboard we'll see :) ,

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Lets back track a bit........I freely admit not the sharpest tool in the box, , my first attempt at at replacing seat base bolts I wasn't happy with, I loved the fact I got up one morn with a burning idea and had a crack at it ,but it didn't pan out. I left it a while until the penny finally dropped, no way was I going to pay 25notes or what ever it is for the link aways back you can read back on this one:D
_S2I0785 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Now an earth pint for 240V is a thing not to be taken lightly,leastways not by yours truly there was a lot of agonizing here, eventually I went here
8mm bolt double locknut on the back 6mm earth cable. couple of washers used as templates to rip off all paint for the best connection I could manage

_S2I0776 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

and then below it my consumer unit dual pole MCB's one 6A for my mains batt charger ( yet to purchase it will be victon energy) one 16A for a couple of 240V sockets
I like this little consumer conforms to brit regs for campers IP rating and I can lock it...sure I don't have prying tiny fingers he's all grown up, ok but even so ya never know I like that key aspect iit's just that little extra and of course it don't rattle(y)

_S2I0769 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Oh yeah that god damn awful hole, back track and you'll find me waffling about using a holesaw and clamping a drill in the work mate as an improtu lathe to mess with a bit of off cut walnut from me logo exploits....here's how all that ended up
Front
_S2I0774 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr
and back
_S2I0775 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Holy Sh*t it's closing 11pm I've been going like an idiot since 8 am and was up half the might worrying on a poorly mum maybe I shouldn't do piccies:rolleyes:

I still haven't pulled the RIB bed and set about installing the rear tall cupboard all the shelves the outers are varnished ,not yet happy on finish and also need to install the 12V leccy side of things. I think we now know where we are going on that choice but hey here's the shell in place and also awaiting tambour.....little things and a bloody big thing blocking install

_S2I0771 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

bit of detail
_S2I0779 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0770 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Oh and Pete imagine the locker up top and the WT at base this bit of grey is where me plinth thingy will be housing the bulk of the leccy controls.

_S2I0780 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
The completely mad "Shell door" nearing completion , haven't had chance to fit it's rack bolt or really try the 3 continuous hinges that make this workaround the drives seat and swivle might fall flat on me face here ,but if ya don't go there ya simply don't know maybe the first time you have seen me oak handles??

_S2I0781 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0782 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0783 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0796 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Opposite side of siad first cupboard just behund driver's seat lives me doordrawer:) plus a detail of the rack bolt which in this case is installed......the drawer actually closes and stays put, the rack bolt is simply too keep it there in transit, we will just go around with the key on park up, these rackbolts may well findthen selves in the OH lockers, not sure yet

_S2I0799 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0801 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0798 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0797 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Somewhere around 12and a half liters of varnish,,,,,,4 sheets of 15mm ply one of bendy ply,started hitting this hard last crimbo holiday have batterred it as hard as I physically can ever since my beloved beasties and stealing thier souls has all but gone completely south and stone the crows I'm still in no mans land

Just how many bits of wood do ya need to make 3 little units,well it's something like this in parts ha and holy cr*p I even got an album out of it too ok an LP:ROFLMAO:

Soz this last bit is NOT the big picture rain showers and lack of time meant it was impossible to stick the whole shebang somewhere and make an image of all those little bits that might one day be a campervan's furniture and I'm still grinding out more

couldn't make it up(y)

_S2I0794 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0793 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0792 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

See there really is an LP:p
_S2I0789 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

OUCH night all
bring it on
stu

·
Registered
160 Posts
@Soundz - Stu, that is a work of art. Simply outstanding!!! Don't know how you can put all those lovely pieces of wood in a big pile. I would be wrapping them up in bubble wrap! Even then I would probably drop something on them.

Those blanking bolts for the double seat are really good. You could put them up on the Bay of E for £20 a set (special discount for forum members of course:D)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Epic mate, thats a work of art right there, I ended up just priming my ply as I'm going with cladding to "hide my crimes" as I'm no where near as skilled!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
@Soundz - Stu, that is a work of art. Simply outstanding!!! Don't know how you can put all those lovely pieces of wood in a big pile. I would be wrapping them up in bubble wrap! Even then I would probably drop something on them.

Those blanking bolts for the double seat are really good. You could put them up on the Bay of E for £20 a set (special discount for forum members of course:D)

Ha it's a ruddy slow work of art isn't it buddy :ROFLMAO: thanks for the words though Andy very kind , lol my big pile I envisaged was sat on a blanket in garden kinda all laid out nice an purdy but I need time and nice weather. I have to say though the varnish once it is given a proper old cure time seems really solid...hard I'm really pleased mate looks like it might be hard waring. Too early to be sure yet Andy but I'm chuffed so far

Cheers on me little blanking dodge beats stepping on those rummin bolts when walking betwixt the seats, We treated ourselves to a set of pull out blue edged carpets for the cab at busfest mate so the holes in the rubber matt in the center are also covered, but the main thing is it's kinder underfoot ha,don't look too bad either;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
How many spices are you hoping to house ? 😲.
Not all spices Drew, but all manner of little things maybe even a few tea bags coffee washing up liquid gravy granules all manner of stuff based around cooking really, so Shaz can work her magic, she's one hell of a cook bro and also loves doing it................... sure spices,but the concept is those things one doesn't need alot of but it's nice to have. It's really important to me she gets some little special things mate,she doesn't ask for much.so the shell door is kind of a pressie in some ways . Me I just hope the sucker works:LOL:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Epic mate, thats a work of art right there, I ended up just priming my ply as I'm going with cladding to "hide my crimes" as I'm no where near as skilled!
Bless ya Jon..................my day job is hiding all the work of the other trades and making it look preddy, I guess that's a massive influence in my mindset here mate . II oft say things like this but maybe it's not skills, so much as sheer bloody mindedness. Lol if I was skilled I reckon I'd have a camper by now. I want it to be honest mate,I know there are faults, but if I have thrown all I have at it,it's me best mate the best I can do......so I can own the odd thing being wonky(y):D

Lads cheers on the kindesses..i'm back to that ruddy long bit of oak and it appears some sunshine:cool:

take care

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
We have pictures!!!!!! 🙌

Some serious amount of work and skill been going on there Stu, more so when considering you have to improvise with your tools to produce the cuts etc you need. Amazing work!

Plywood end grain is such a nice detail, currently got in my van and the next version will also be sporting raw ply (sealed of course) but the faces of the board won't be raw 🤐

Your attention to detail is second to none, there may well be faults, but working in your garden with a pallet for a work bench and thinking outside the box for tool usage work arounds, you really can't be hard on yourself, besides did no-one tell you, wonky is the new straight 🙃

Heading back to wildlife, I actually wrote a paper on the peregrine falcon while at high school, can't honestly remember many of the facts, just that it was extremely interesting.

Reactions: Soundz

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Huston We have pictures......dayaknowwhatitisyet? :LOL: The improv is ok Pete but it kinda harks back to what you said on my first attempt at the seatbase bolts it's the time aspect bro and would pennies be better spent rather than doing it all the slow way. I guess wonky or no I can own this which is cool and some form of solace........... and it also it will be preddy much unique as a camper interior becuase few very few are going to batter themselves senseless for so long, mind I'm not saying there is any sense in what I've done, am doing STILL. Just there won't be that many others who are this mad. Again bro lovely words thank you. Ha yeah ply end grain can be really lovely can't it, ya either hide it or work with it....There's a product out there something like osmo, ha I've looked it is Osmo oil that might be the ticket for you...i've not used it mate,just did a shed load or research before making my own choice and came across it back then Have a dig if not already aware

Here's a lovely tale Pete regarding Peregine.........a local church has a breeding pair, har to get images there they are too damn high.....anyway as with anything always worth a punt,so we turned up in the bus and bumped into a guy. I tend to almost always dress in green or camo, so stright up the chap said to me ahh your here to see the peregrines we looked up to see a kidlet perched on a gargoyle. I live just down the road he said......

"one day I was walking up here early spring and spotted a male scouting the church.............so I whipped in to see the vicar who I know and asked if I could pop a dog basket up in the high ramparts "

Vicar said yes.. so they dragged a plastic dog basket thing up this tiny clock tower and stuffed it on said ramparts.........dad "grine" approved and so did his good lady, They have bred there for the last few years.......I just adore this story Pete the vision of the chap and a vicar and peregrines nesting in a plastic dog basket..ha it's wicked, makes me smile

This is that lad bro, it's not an image I covert he's way too high and it's a huge crop...fella has just whipped in and thrown something in for the kids to eat ,. I was way to slow too catch anything better, image wise maybe one day....I kinda find them humbling Pete, you are in the presence of a bird that can see maybe 8 times better than us and hit something like 200KPH in a stoop...one day mate I want to do these properly, but I need time and have none

_S2I7676 Bri, LC Smj by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Back to making a campervan locker........... nabbed this towards the end of the day it kind of gives you lot a first view in situ. of me locker hanger............

_S2I0802 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

_S2I0805 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

...There is a second bit of oak that will be glued on top of this one along the edge that is nearest to us. At the end of the day all the cut outs for the sliding section of the pop top bed have been marked in to that upper bit also marked in the bit that needs removing for the gas strut . Once all that has been shedded I guess I'll glue it together......... hmmm.maybe not.:D........

I have 3 tough lights along that side which will hopefully light said cupboards so maybe glue up will wait for sunday night............... which will give me chance to maybe make an eliptical cut out for each. light.....I need to do some serious measuring ,but in my head the elipse long side running front to back of van will give me finger room for removing lights the shallow side give me room to get a fixing in, between light and near edge.........I'll make those choices once I know the mm's

stu

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
Agreed there aren't likely to be many folk as dedicated, determined and meticulous as yourself, although there are many wacky and wonderful builds, as we've discussed many times, the variety of builds and peoples use of space is fascinating.
At the end of the day, when you're both away and enjoying being in there, you'll feel so much pride in what you've built.
I'll look into the osmo oil as a nice sealed edge is required, my current build, I used pva glue and a finger to run round all raw edges which did the trick nicely.

That is a lovely story and another cracking photo 👌

It's starting to come together very well there Stu, can see what you're planning with that chamfered worktop offcut, one thing I've struggled with was a secure fix for any high level storage, never occured to me to go down this route, one of those times when you can't see any other way than the one you're struggling to make work...another example of how great it is to see other peoples processes and thinking. I may have to revisit my new design (again) and look into high level, even just a shelf to free up counter top space...back to the drawing board for Pete 😁

As for gluing bits together, I've not glued anything, possibly because my subconscious knew what the future had in store.

Keep up the good work mate (y)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
I have half a hunch your post in jest, on H's thread ( love it:cool:) is utterly true Pete I don't see the time aspect just I want to make or do X and then get me 'ead down and try to find a way to get to that point.... time doesn't feature in that process.it frustrates me buddy .............I thought I'd nail this build before the summer started and be camping. that said it is what it is. no way to turn the clock back

Aye glue is preddy damn permanent, but the strip joints in part circumvent that permanence leastways in the build process it's self. After that ya kinda have to own it and live with it live by.... or regret that, no way to dress that mate.

What has really driven my want to use the glue is the sheer strength in a moving bus it's just so incredibly strong........... stronger than the wood it's self

I've a fairly clear piccy in my head of how I'm going to mount all this into the actual bus Pete, it isn't honed everything being a work in progress...............but my thoughts center on an existing frame VW largely put there which I can't see, because our bus was bought part converted , which makes life much trickier than if I'd have done the whole shebang myself, and also the use of the floor. I 'm centered on big strong bolts say 8MM washers to spread load points etc etc

It's a teeny tiny 3D space to live in bro............. so the high storage points need musing .it is fair to say I'm also musing the wall cavity on the near side.

My original plan was another set of lockers over the RIB at the rear, but I'd always be clattering my head on them so they got shelved a long time back.

The curves in the high level sort of work like the low ones, bloody hard to make but add dimensions to live in that rectangular boxes don't ..............in the up top lockers that is mainly lines of sight I think , it's not about pleasing to the eye, so much.............. it's more about combining function and form ,LMFAO or leastways...........trying to achieve that.

I'll detail the fixings how it get's secured Pete . as we get there, I have many fittings already here. I've spent alot of time musing this side, whether it pans out or no is another thing, but yeah alot of time musing

Oh the one thing I didn't get chance to mention was my 3 curved locker bendy ply sections we made up eons back, so funny mate, they are all now sitting letting the wood filler cure I some how manged to apply yesterday.

The funny bit was taking the one off the top and finding it to be an utterly different colour to the 2 sat underneath A goodly bit of sanding righted that but for a few hours there was a proper holy XXXX moment

night mate cheers on the words an the piccy thanks man!!

181 - 200 of 226 Posts