VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm in exmouth at the moment and looking for somewhere to surf close to where I can park? I'm going to brixham and all around here for a few days so don't mind a bit of a drive but want to avoid sandy bay if possible.
Thanks for the advice :ILU:

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
hi ya - nowt in Torbay unless easterly, and blowing southerly now.

might be ok at Bantham, but will be a bit of a challenge on the toads today with all the emmetts moping about in the wet!

·
Registered
220 Posts
You're on the wrong coast for surf however, Just check the surf report for Orcombe point (keeping driving easterly along the sea front/Queens Drive until you can't go anymore) you can park right on the sea front (see pic below). Surf reports shows 3-5ft from 12-1700hrs today which is good compared to the norm which is 0-1ft.

Here's a link incase you are trying to search on your mobile

http://magicseaweed.com/Exmouth-Surf-Report/164/

Surf on the North Coast isn't good today anyway so you will be better off in Exmouth today. Hope this helpsT:

·
Registered
220 Posts
hi ya - nowt in Torbay unless easterly, and blowing southerly now.

might be ok at Bantham, but will be a bit of a challenge on the toads today with all the emmetts moping about in the wet!
As Chris said above Batham is OK, surf is about a 1ft bigger today http://magicseaweed.com/Bantham-Surf-Report/10/ However it will take about 1.5hrs to get there and the traffic later will be bad. I would stick to Exmouth hopefully it comes in good later and you can refuel at the Hungry Horse, if you can get a seat:eek:

However if it turns out poo don't be trying to track me down laterRasp:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awoke, cheers guys, exmouth beach don't look too bad but not sure if it's wise to surf in it? I'm a newbie see!:ILU: my try oreombe point :ILU:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey penn, I just looked where you said and that's where I am now, just didn't know if it was safe to surf or not! I might go in in a bit, are you here now then?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Awoke, cheers guys, exmouth beach don't look too bad but not sure if it's wise to surf in it? I'm a newbie see!:ILU: my try oreombe point :ILU:

Don't go in it at the Exmouth End the beach drops away to quickly and is dangerous especially if you have kids with you, keep going up past the pleasure parks and you will see the life boat station turn right there. TBH i don't go in the water much on the south coast we normally drive up to Bude/Widemouth Bay on the north coast its about 65 mile but its worth it if you going to spend the day there but make sure you check the weather and surf reports first.
We went to Widemouth Bay yesterday last session of the day with my 13 and 6yr boys body boarding watching the sunset and still back in Exeter by 9.15. You can park right on the beach as well, here's another pic from last year.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey penn, I just looked where you said and that's where I am now, just didn't know if it was safe to surf or not! I might go in in a bit, are you here now then?
No i'm at home in Exeter, whats the surf like i may pop down later at 1530hrs for high tide?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys. It was messy but hey, we had an hour of fun! Thanks :ILU: is it only 65miles to widemouth, bloody hell I never realised that!:ILU:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts