VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lardy B will be standing down shortly, I believe he will be at Newgale next week and Dubs in the Castle and then will be retiring from post.

That leaves the South Wales rep job up for grabs.

Jimbo has given me the nod if i want the role but i dont feel thats totally fair.(although im happy to take it on and have some ideas for meets)
Id like to see some people organise meets other than the regional rep so we can go to other places e.g further west- swansea etc. Also like to go to new places rather than porthcawl- e.g good places for dogs,mountain bikes, maybe a pub

Im happy to do it but feel the south wales guys should have thier say.

Anyone else who feels they should have the job can speak out. Maybe we can discuss at Newgale or via this thread T:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Lardy B will be standing down shortly, I believe he will be at Newgale next week and Dubs in the Castle and then will be retiring from post.

That leaves the South Wales rep job up for grabs.

Jimbo has given me the nod if i want the role but i dont feel thats totally fair.(although im happy to take it on and have some ideas for meets)
Id like to see some people organise meets other than the regional rep so we can go to other places e.g further west- swansea etc. Also like to go to new places rather than porthcawl- e.g good places for dogs,mountain bikes, maybe a pub

Im happy to do it but feel the south wales guys should have thier say.

Anyone else who feels they should have the job can speak out. Maybe we can discuss at Newgale or via this thread T:

nothing to do with me but as you have asked the masses what there thoughts and opinions were puts you in good stead,proves you are the man for the job in my eyes as you are thinking of everyone concerned T:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Not from across the bridge but you seem to be doing things the right way and seems you will have the backing. Go for it. You seem to have the right attitude about the forum.

Good luckT:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not sure if i met you at the last meet chris, so dont know you to comment..

but if your willing to take it on, then you get big thumbs up from me...its not easy taking on any job like this, it a big commitment,

so go for it..am sure you'll do a fine job of pulling the crew together for future meets!!T:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Can you claim expenses like MP's as rep ? - fuel, travelling time, 2nd home allowance ( isn't a camper a home afterall ! ), new surf board, maybe even a new laptop as you need one for the job ?
Chris cares, he's passionate about the scene, honest, reliable and an all round good guy so if we have to have an honest guy that cares, listens,plans and discusses then I say vote for chris A: You have 5 votes from all members of tutter clan !

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OH guys- you make me blush

right then ive got the job then.

First thing i want to do is Thank Ben for all the hard work he has put in- we wouldnt have the scene we have now in South Wales if it wasnt for Ben- I hope he will continue to join our meets

I have some ideas but we can discuss them at the next meet and Newgale

but for now heres a few ideas

a monthly meet on a sunday . try to vary the location
Porthcawl for the surfers
Brecon for the walkers and dog owners
Castell coch for the scenery and mountainbikers.
open to other suggestions

Also wondering about a evening meet maybe in a pub- Need designated drivers obviously!

Im open to ideas

See you all soon
Chris

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

First thing i want to do is Thank Ben for all the hard work he has put in- we wouldnt have the scene we have now in South Wales if it wasnt for Ben- I hope he will continue to join our meets

Also wondering about a evening meet maybe in a pub- Need designated drivers obviously!

Im open to ideas

See you all soon
Chris
Well done Chris,

How about Cwmcarn forest drive, up to the top for a bbq. Could try and get discount if we had 10 or more vans going up, there again its run by CCBC so no chance there then :(

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Im open to ideas

See you all soon
Chris
Nice one chris. couldn't have thought of a better person to take over.T:

I'll bring the banner and Shelter with me to newgale this weekend.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Nice one chris. couldn't have thought of a better person to take over.T:

I'll bring the banner and Shelter with me to newgale this weekend.
Hi Ben, remember the tickets for Dubs at the Castle buddy. T:

Cheers.

Paul.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds good...would be nice to go to different places now and again.

How about also arranging some hot dogs & burgers at the some of the next forthcoming meets.....am happy to help out, could ask for a small donation.. or ask members to bring bread rolls, burgers, sausages etc??? Just an idea?

denise

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well done Chris,

How about Cwmcarn forest drive, up to the top for a bbq. Could try and get discount if we had 10 or more vans going up, there again its run by CCBC so no chance there then :(
Sounds good...would be nice to go to different places now and again.

How about also arranging some hot dogs & burgers at the some of the next forthcoming meets.....am happy to help out, could ask for a small donation.. or ask members to bring bread rolls, burgers, sausages etc??? Just an idea?

denise
These sound like very good ideas, I would definately back these ideas up T:

Top job Chris!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts