VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for response to starting a bi-monthly S-O-S Cruise / stop and look.

Suggest first date Sunday 28th March from 2pm at Uncle Toms Cabin - Shoebury (SS3 9HG). just turn up and park on the grass (don't forget to get a parking ticket).

for the kite surfers, brave ones in March, Uncle Toms is a good stop if the tides in - mud otherwise.

for the kids (big or small) the beach - the ice-creams - the promenade for skating, boarding, biking etc etc.

in the summer May / July could try a bbq and show and shine at Shoebury Eastbeach?

Haven't consulted the Essex & Kent boys on this - hope your OK with it?

T4FAN

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Looking for response to starting a bi-monthly S-O-S Cruise / stop and look.

Suggest first date Sunday 28th March from 2pm at Uncle Toms Cabin - Shoebury (SS3 9HG). just turn up and park on the grass (don't forget to get a parking ticket).

for the kite surfers, brave ones in March, Uncle Toms is a good stop if the tides in - mud otherwise.

for the kids (big or small) the beach - the ice-creams - the promenade for skating, boarding, biking etc etc.

in the summer May / July could try a bbq and show and shine at Shoebury Eastbeach?

Haven't consulted the Essex & Kent boys on this - hope your OK with it?

T4FAN
Excellent - unfortunately can't make the Feb meet.

haven't organised before but I will give it go T:

look for the tall black lwb.

T4FAN
Looks like you already have it Sussed Just need a Sat Nav Code or address to get there T:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Suggest Uncle Toms for the first meet though - East Beach is desolute this time of year even in March.:eek:

Uncle Toms - drive along Southend Front heading East before first big left corner - you will see Thorpe Bay Yaycht Club on Left and round building on right - you want the seaward side round building.

Uncle Toms Cabin,
Shoebury Common Road
Shoeburyness
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
SS3 9HG

The link below should give you directions

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=SS3+9HG&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=18.546045,39.506836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Southend-on-Sea,+Essex+SS3+9HG,+United+Kingdom&z=16&pw=2

T4FAN

·
Registered
306 Posts
will deffo try make an appearence dude! will try and bring my son along with his crosser and we can wake a few old folk up eh? I:eek:nly joking ..H: sounds good to me , well done for organising it T:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I will be in SOS on the Friday before to meet up with family.
Unfortunately I have to leave on the Saturday morning as I have work Sat night:(

I have many fond memories of Shoebury Caravan park:D and SOS as all my family live up in that area.

If any more meets coincide with any of my visits I may pop along!T:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Other way round, better at low tide, hard sand not mud, not enough beach at high tide to kite reallyT:

If its windy I'll be out

Jay

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers Jim

Safe to say that around lunch time you might see the sea.

Jay (J-T4) - saw your note on keys - I think that if you go to the right of Uncle Toms the gate is always open - popped down on Saturday, bike ride, and it was open. You are right the gate to your left when you arrive is locked.

If you can get the key - do we get free parking?H:

Looks like there are few up for this - spread the word for more.

T4FAN

·
Registered
43 Posts
i Hope to get down there
never been to a meet before as always working
great idea here's hoping for some good weather
Rich

1 - 20 of 78 Posts